VCI-300 itch question

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: VCI-300 itch questionReply
VCI-300 itch question
Posted on: 29.10.2009 by Russel Hiteshew
Can you set up a midi controller along side a vci-300 like a padkontrol to go with itch to use it for cue points?

anyone try this? I know you can with serato just not sure about itch.

thanks!
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Morbido
but if there will be a stock mapping from A&H or NI for the xone: dx then i'm pretty sure i will be mostly using traktor!
Theres bound to be a mapping from A&H but i can guarantee that NI will not be making a mapping for it.

Regardless, it will be very easy to map for Traktor, probably easier than for Itch.
Dorcas Bassignani
incredible simplicity
simple confuses me

incredible scratch
can't scratch

but each to their own, having not used itch i can't judge, but i have been put off a bit now
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
The A&H DX will work perfectly well with Traktor in fact in will work just as well with Traktor as for Itch.
Itch has Zero advantage of Traktor with this controller.
Theres a very good reason for this that im wont bore you with.
either way, itch still sounds shit (to me) now. don't like things with no flexibility. definately made the right choice with traktor
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by BradCee
but you can use those controllers with traktor though, yeah?
Let me put this one to bed once and for all.

The A&H DX will work perfectly well with Traktor in fact in will work just as well with Traktor as for Itch.

Karlos
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by BentoSan
Itch only works with controllers made for Itch, at this stage this only includes a very small handful of controllers including:
Numark NS7
Dennon DN-HC5000
Vestax VFX-1
Vestax VCI-300

No other controllers are supported and no custom midi mappings can be made even with supported controllers.
what?!?! :eek:

nayit ruiz jaramillo
but if there will be a stock mapping from A&H or NI for the xone: dx then i'm pretty sure i will be mostly using traktor!
Theres bound to be a mapping from A&H but i can guarantee that NI will not be making a mapping for it.

Regardless, it will be very easy to map for Traktor, probably easier than for Itch.
Russel Hiteshew
Got my vci-300 today and so far I LOVE IT! I have a vci-100 and traktor 1.2 and I really like that setup but I was looking for something that felt more like turntables. this thing is perfect. I might keep Traktor and use it with my Oxygen and just get rid of the VCI-100. If the VCI-100 was 14-bit midi and cic scratches in next to real time I would be 100% on the 100. Unfortunately the latency was to much for me
Andriy Gavrysh
Itch was meant to be something totally different than Traktor - Itch is lent heavily towards the traditional TT paradigm, that's why Itch is (controller-wise) one of the best emulation of this paradigm available...

But now Serato is moving Itch into the direction of Traktor Pro... I'm really curious how this will work out
Dorcas Bassignani
incredible simplicity
simple confuses me

incredible scratch
can't scratch

but each to their own, having not used itch i can't judge, but i have been put off a bit now
Andriy Gavrysh
i like both apps!

traktor offers incredible flexibility and some nice state of the art features.
itch offers incredible simplicity and incredible scratch performance with the vci-300... i often play around in traktor but mostly use itch when playing out...

Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
either way, itch still sounds shit (to me) now. don't like things with no flexibility. definately made the right choice with traktor
Andriy Gavrysh
Too bad, I'm curious what you meant
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Ok you got me , its not boring its actually info i cant share. Bit lame but ...
Andriy Gavrysh
I love it that there will be a mapping for the Xone: DX... I'm so tempted to get that one!

Hey Karlos - what if I wanna be bored? What's the reason for it?

Back to thread:
The other controllers will also work with traktor pro - but you'll have to get a mapping for these controllers and if there is no good mapping then you have to map the controller yourself... The advantage is that you can redefine the controls of your controller with your very own mapping.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by BradCee
Let me put this one to bed once and for all.

Karlos
Andriy Gavrysh
yep, Itch is a closed system for only these controllers. new controllers like the Xone: DX will follow.

traktor is open, the only thing you need is a midi controller and a midi mapping, so you can use all these controllers with traktor pro as well.
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by BentoSan
Itch only works with controllers made for Itch, at this stage this only includes a very small handful of controllers including:
Numark NS7
Dennon DN-HC5000
Vestax VFX-1
Vestax VCI-300

No other controllers are supported and no custom midi mappings can be made even with supported controllers.
what?!?! :eek:

Andriy Gavrysh
yeah, right, totally forgot about the keyboard
never using it though...
Zana Crognale
you should be able to set more cue's using your keyboard (numbers)
Andriy Gavrysh
then you'll certainly be having fun with your 300 (as long as you don't mind that your jogs are not spinning - takes some time to get used to with scratching, but you'll get used to it)!

before you buy the vfx-1 I'd suggest you to wait for the numark nsfx to come out - they are both going to utilize software fx of itch, but they'll be using different ones. maybe one of the has got a slicer (as the nsfx is complementary for the numark ns-7 and that controller is heavily lent towards hiphop and scratching)!
Russel Hiteshew
Yeah, that's exactly why I went in this direction. I come from the old 1200's world and I do a lot of skratching and the vci-100 just wasn't doing it for me which is to bad because I do love that thing! Plus I will miss Traktors effects, I thought about grabbing the vfx-1 but 300 seems like a rip off and id doesn't appear to have a chopper or slicer and I use those the most. Oh well, I'll figure it out.
Andriy Gavrysh
I'm pretty sure it depends on how you use your gear... The approach of the VCI-300 is slightly more leaned towards the tradition 2 TTs / 1 Mixer paradigm - with the added feature of cue points and hot loops. That's quite it.
But that's also where the strength of the VCI-300 is: Apart from the spinning jogs you have exactly the same control like on your TTs...
I for myself am much more comfortable with the jogs of my 300 than the platters of most TTs!
Russel Hiteshew
Bought the VCI-300 today (It's in the mail) sucks about the 3 cue points, I'll just have to be super creative If I like it better then my VCI-100 and Traktor, then I will be selling that setup.
Andriy Gavrysh
The VCI-300 only has buttons for 3 cue points...
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by ttaralli
that sucks, I would really like to have 8 cue points and it looks like the vci-300 is only setup for four. Oh well, I'll make it work Buying my VCI-300 this week bye vci-100
Numark NS7
Dennon DN-HC5000
Vestax VFX-1
Vestax VCI-300

Russel Hiteshew
that sucks, I would really like to have 8 cue points and it looks like the vci-300 is only setup for four. Oh well, I'll make it work Buying my VCI-300 this week bye vci-100
Zana Crognale
Originally Posted by ttaralli
Can you set up a midi controller along side a vci-300 like a padkontrol to go with itch to use it for cue points?

anyone try this? I know you can with serato just not sure about itch.

thanks!
i doubt it, there isnt any factory settings for devices like that

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy