CAn Anyone Help Me Out with Serato Itch?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: CAn Anyone Help Me Out with Serato Itch?Reply
CAn Anyone Help Me Out with Serato Itch?
Posted on: 16.10.2009 by Shaquana Wesselhoff
Having a realy bizarre time wth ITCH since I got it yesterday.
I run Win XP Pro x64 so ITCH 1.1 was a must, on instal it gave me "hardware disconnected" reapeatedly (no mention of that during setup), after about 5 reinstalls, it began to tell me that my controller wasnt connected at setup.
In sheer frustration I uninstalled and found beta 1.05 which seemed to go in ok the controller works, but the sound is glitched to f*ck, pops and clicks all the way, its practically unuseable, reinstalled 1.1 got the vestax firmware update and now ITCH while works with the vci 300 the sound is terrible. I fire it up and with no tracks loaded and the faders down i get repeated clicks n pops, can anyone help me with it?

My Setup is.
Win XP Pro x64
Intel Core2Duo E8500 (3.16GHz O'[email protected])
Asus P5Q M/B
8GB RAM (800 MHz)
Terratec DMX 6Fire USB
Vestax VCI 300
Latonya Millen
I've been having this same problem for a very long time.
I have 2 different laptops. One is a Dell with windows XP and the other is a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 (64 Bit). The Dell NEVER gives me a problem, but whenever I use the Sony, Itch always ends up freezing up on me, whether it be 5 minutes into a set or 5 hours. The program freezes, but the track keeps playing. I am unable to use any of the controls on the VCI-300. I've done everything reccomended by both Vestax and the guys from Serato. I've purchased the Vestax power adapter, I analyzed all of my files and deleted all the corrupt ones and have done a million other things as well. Ever since I've deleted all of my corrupt files, Itch has been working fine for quite awhile, but last evening while DJing at a BBQ using the Sony Vaio, Itch froze on me 4 times. I guess at this point, all that I want to know is - is Itch compatible with Windows 7??? I don't know what else to do. I'm also aware that a million other people are having the same problem with windows 7.
Someone PLEASE HELP..

I have a Sony Vaio.
4.00 GB
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Windows 7
64 Bit

The last thing that I did was run the DPC Latency Checker Tool.
I clicked run, and went to sleep. When I woke up about 6 hours later, I went over to take a look. The results read -

"Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop outs in real time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver, use default manager and disable/enable various devices one at a time. Try network and w-lan adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc."

The guys at serato say - "ITCH and the VCI-300 are completely Windows 7 compatible. What you are experiencing will be a conflict withing your Sony laptop".

Carl from Vestax customer support says that is not true and that he has been getting a lot of calls regarding freeze problems when using itch with windows 7 (64 Bit).

Can anyone please help me out?? I'd rather hear that the Serato guys are wrong rather than pulling my hair out of my head not being able to find a fix for this.

If you can, please email me at [email protected] as this email gets fowarded to my phone.

Thanks in advance guys.

Originally Posted by Travis
First, nice rig you got there *jealous*! Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the VCI-300 doesn't even support the x64 operating system architecture. You need to be running a 32-bit version of windows and most likely your problems will be resolved (given proper latency settings for the sound card, etc).

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Macintosh
CPU : G4 1.5GHz or better
RAM : 1GB
Available USB Port

OR

Windows XP
CPU : Pentium 4 mobile 2GHz or better
Available USB Port
Windows Vista
CPU : Core Duo 1.6GHz or better
Available USB Port

Please note
The above is minimum requirement to run ITCH. We recommend you use a higher spec computer where possible. If you have a particularly large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
Windows Vista 64 bit not supported, if you are purchasing a Vista machine for ITCH, please ensure it has Windows Vista 32 bit installed.

Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Hey Travis thanks for that, problem is that its not the problem i have, it installs propely andd shows up as both a functional sound card and a fucnctional midi controller (on traktor pro 1.1.2 and 1.2.1) the only program that doesnt seem to recognise it is ITCH, pretty ironic considering theyre bundled together lololol. I have tried the following, any ITCH version that will install on my computer, 4 usb cables, all 10 usb ports on my pc, reformatting hdd, reinstalling itch and controller, deleting usb ports the works still not joy, the weird thing is that i tried it in the shop and had no issues, i installed itch 1.05 and while i got hardware disconnected and i couldnt cue up two tracks, i cued one trak on the player and had full controller access without a problem this is absolutely bizarre...
Sorry bout that, got into a bit of tunnel vision with the research there. You're right, if it's working in Traktor it should in Itch. Seems pretty clear to me that Itch doesn't have all the issues worked out with the x64 update.

I would still recommend getting away from using any direct sound based drivers (if you are). Best of luck and be sure to post back if Serato / Vestax finds a solution.

No worries i went and got vci before there was even any x64 support lol.

I made the mistake of installing asio4all and it f*cked direct sound in Tpro 1.2.1. I dont usee the built in card on the pc i got a terratec DMX6Fire USB for ASIO, and as far as i can tell VCI 300 doesnt have any asio drivers, just direct sound.

I have so far uninstalled itch, vci300, DMX6, Traktor and IE 8 (i heard it may cause issues) all thats left is to do the usb's, i use ccleaner for reg cleaning seems to have cleared away most things.

Gonna try usb now, then get back to you, thanks for the help mate you've been brilliant
Interesting indeed, you should still see driver entries for both the VCI-300's built-in card AND your DMX unit (when they're plugged in). Things definitely aren't installing right if you're not. I know on my machine I've always been able to see my Audio-8 card, M-Audio's built-in card (when I had it) and direct sound drivers.

You mentioned production. If you're using Live, Logic, whatever it may be... just out of curiosity, does the VCI or your DMX show up in that program as an audio device choice (as long as the VCI is plugged in when you launch you should be able to use that built-in card too)? If one or the other does, or doesn't, it tells you a lot about where the problem may lie (with Itch or the drivers).
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Having a realy bizarre time wth ITCH since I got it yesterday.
I run Win XP Pro x64 so ITCH 1.1 was a must, on instal it gave me "hardware disconnected" reapeatedly (no mention of that during setup), after about 5 reinstalls, it began to tell me that my controller wasnt connected at setup.
In sheer frustration I uninstalled and found beta 1.05 which seemed to go in ok the controller works, but the sound is glitched to f*ck, pops and clicks all the way, its practically unuseable, reinstalled 1.1 got the vestax firmware update and now ITCH while works with the vci 300 the sound is terrible. I fire it up and with no tracks loaded and the faders down i get repeated clicks n pops, can anyone help me with it?

My Setup is.
Win XP Pro x64
Intel Core2Duo E8500 (3.16GHz O'[email protected])
Asus P5Q M/B
8GB RAM (800 MHz)
Terratec DMX 6Fire USB
Vestax VCI 300
Latonya Millen
I saw that you stated that Serato iTch is NOT supported by a 64 bit OS.
I fully agree with you but for some reason the guys at Serato don't. They say that iTch IS supported by Windows 7 64 Bit. I've been having nothing but trouble when using a 64 bit system but zero problems when using my XP 32 bit. Do you believe that it would be ok to run a WINDOWS 7 32 bit being that I am unable to buy an XP OS?
Latonya Millen
I've been having this same problem for a very long time.
I have 2 different laptops. One is a Dell with windows XP and the other is a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 (64 Bit). The Dell NEVER gives me a problem, but whenever I use the Sony, Itch always ends up freezing up on me, whether it be 5 minutes into a set or 5 hours. The program freezes, but the track keeps playing. I am unable to use any of the controls on the VCI-300. I've done everything reccomended by both Vestax and the guys from Serato. I've purchased the Vestax power adapter, I analyzed all of my files and deleted all the corrupt ones and have done a million other things as well. Ever since I've deleted all of my corrupt files, Itch has been working fine for quite awhile, but last evening while DJing at a BBQ using the Sony Vaio, Itch froze on me 4 times. I guess at this point, all that I want to know is - is Itch compatible with Windows 7??? I don't know what else to do. I'm also aware that a million other people are having the same problem with windows 7.
Someone PLEASE HELP..

I have a Sony Vaio.
4.00 GB
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Windows 7
64 Bit

The last thing that I did was run the DPC Latency Checker Tool.
I clicked run, and went to sleep. When I woke up about 6 hours later, I went over to take a look. The results read -

"Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop outs in real time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver, use default manager and disable/enable various devices one at a time. Try network and w-lan adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc."

The guys at serato say - "ITCH and the VCI-300 are completely Windows 7 compatible. What you are experiencing will be a conflict withing your Sony laptop".

Carl from Vestax customer support says that is not true and that he has been getting a lot of calls regarding freeze problems when using itch with windows 7 (64 Bit).

Can anyone please help me out?? I'd rather hear that the Serato guys are wrong rather than pulling my hair out of my head not being able to find a fix for this.

If you can, please email me at [email protected] as this email gets fowarded to my phone.

Thanks in advance guys.

Originally Posted by Travis
First, nice rig you got there *jealous*! Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the VCI-300 doesn't even support the x64 operating system architecture. You need to be running a 32-bit version of windows and most likely your problems will be resolved (given proper latency settings for the sound card, etc).

Macintosh
Available USB Port

OR

Windows XP
Available USB Port
Windows Vista
Available USB Port

Please note
The above is minimum requirement to run ITCH. We recommend you use a higher spec computer where possible. If you have a particularly large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
Windows Vista 64 bit not supported, if you are purchasing a Vista machine for ITCH, please ensure it has Windows Vista 32 bit installed.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
OK VCI-300 is out of the window just changed it for a VCI 100 (v1.2) now to set it up
Shaquana Wesselhoff
BTW the DMX gives me a latency of 4ms in ASIO with Traktor Pro and a nice sampling rate of upto 192KHZ (though I personally prefer 44.1 increments and use 88.2)
Yes it's a damn good piece of kit
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Hey Travis thanks for coming to the rescue again mate looks like thats what I'm gonna do cos the repoly I got from vestax isnt really what i was hoping for, gonna have to wait for them, I'm quite to stick to my DMX, truth be told for a high quality mobile soundcard I dont believe you can do a lot better. I just dont want to lug the card about too, I wouldnt want to get it damaged.

I'm just a little curious as to what the recent firmware update to VCI 300 did, it was meant to add a lot of support for the card outside Serato ITCH, looked at the changelog but not much info there, still not 100% sure whether the jackouts on vci300 are balanced or not, though given the quality of the card itself I doubt it somewhat.

I thought that as of TPro 1.1.1 there was full support for hi rez midi, though i cant say I'm sure, so far havent touched jogs and pitch faders in my mapping, will check and let you know. Cheers mate thanks again!

Saw your post from today on this thread:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=3201

Sounds like you're on the right track, however, judging from what I've been reading folks have been having nothing but problems trying to get the VCI-300's sound card to work in anything but Itch. Not even sure if this will be possible to be honest (at least until Vestax address's what's intended or going on).

Shame such a beautiful piece of kit has to have so many nuances.

So this puts you back in the boat of using your Terretec DMX as the sound card of choice in Traktor PRO (which is going to be far superior to the built in VCI device anyhow).

Goto Preferences > Audio > "select your DMX 6Fire driver". Make SURE it's not a direct sound or DX version of the driver. Chances are the ASIO version will be tagged with the word ASIO in the driver name, or just something plain like; DMX 6Fire. Trust me, the 10-12ms latency you'll see will be key compared to the cracks and pops you'll likely get from running direct sound drivers.

Looking at the DMX unit it appears you have 3 stereo pairs to work with (1/2, 3/4, 5/6), so this should work beautifully. I'm going to assume you're not mixing externally on a mixer, but instead running all internal.

You'll ignore the headphone output on the VCI, use the one on your DMX instead. Under Preferences > Output: set channels 1/2 as your master output (L/R) and 3/4 (L/R) as monitor output (your headphone out on the front of the DMX is going to default to the 3/4 or 5/6 stereo pair). You may even have a button to select which one you want assigned to it, test the different stereo pairs in Traktor to figure out which works. Just be sure your cue mix and cue volume in Traktor are balanced so you're getting output from the master and cue'd deck. If you're still not hearing anything in the headphones make sure you've clicked the CUE button on the deck you're trying to hear in Traktor (you sound intelligent, doubt this would happen to you =P).

If you're not seeing all your stereo pairs from the DMX unit in Traktor and only 0/1 or something to that effect, then you're not selecting the correct driver or there is something wrong with the DMX's driver implementation.

Get back at me, we'll worry about mini-translator and jog wheels after this is all working proper. I believe Traktor PRO only supports high-def / 14-bit midi messages on the pitch faders, not jogs (thus the need for the translator).
Shaquana Wesselhoff
cheers travis will keep my eyes peeled to see what Serato and vestax tell me, drop a line if you find anything mate, thanks for your help so far, much appreciated!! btw do you have any i dea as to how to get the monitor out working for vci 300 on traktor pro? that and the jog wheels is the only problem left to tackle there, ok and the directsound issue.... but it looks quite promising so far will be upping my little tsi once i got it going, probably a bit basic compared to the feats on DJTT but for a 2 deck setup it seems quite nice so far, just tweaking the button i already mapped, but i managed to get looping cue points and basic effect together so far

Hey Travis thanks for that, problem is that its not the problem i have, it installs propely andd shows up as both a functional sound card and a fucnctional midi controller (on traktor pro 1.1.2 and 1.2.1) the only program that doesnt seem to recognise it is ITCH, pretty ironic considering theyre bundled together lololol. I have tried the following, any ITCH version that will install on my computer, 4 usb cables, all 10 usb ports on my pc, reformatting hdd, reinstalling itch and controller, deleting usb ports the works still not joy, the weird thing is that i tried it in the shop and had no issues, i installed itch 1.05 and while i got hardware disconnected and i couldnt cue up two tracks, i cued one trak on the player and had full controller access without a problem this is absolutely bizarre...
Sorry bout that, got into a bit of tunnel vision with the research there. You're right, if it's working in Traktor it should in Itch. Seems pretty clear to me that Itch doesn't have all the issues worked out with the x64 update.

I would still recommend getting away from using any direct sound based drivers (if you are). Best of luck and be sure to post back if Serato / Vestax finds a solution.
Shaquana Wesselhoff

Have a read on this thread if you haven't already stumbled upon it:

http://www.serato.com/community /discussion/168743

**TO OTHER USERS: The following clearly doesn't apply to the OP, but if you're researching this with a unique situation these things could cause issues.

Turns out this guy was having the same problem. It actually ended up being a faulty unit However, in your situation it could very well be low voltage / inadequate power coming from the USB port being used. With all that beefy hardware you have (not to mention your voltage being OC'd on the CPU) it could be pissing away the voltage levels of your USB port(s). Would be nice if you had another machine or a friend's PC you could try and install all this on to see if the problem persists. Set your CPU back to its factory settings / speed.

Also, I imagine you may have already tried, but if you can swap to a different USB cable please do. A bad cable could just as easily be the problem. I actually had a brand new cable i ordered off here from DJTT and it worked when i first got it, then failed about 5 minutes thereafter on every device I tried using it with. Of course DJTT promptly sent me a new one and made things right (+1 DJTT). No problems after that.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
I use Cubase Studio 4 and at least there i have no issues its windows that seems to thow a tantrum. I *believe* i solved that issue gonna try out the direct sound issue and see what happens.

No joy with itch yet, tried the suggestions... its a right bugger...

I made the mistake of installing asio4all and it f*cked direct sound in Tpro 1.2.1. I dont usee the built in card on the pc i got a terratec DMX6Fire USB for ASIO, and as far as i can tell VCI 300 doesnt have any asio drivers, just direct sound.

I have so far uninstalled itch, vci300, DMX6, Traktor and IE 8 (i heard it may cause issues) all thats left is to do the usb's, i use ccleaner for reg cleaning seems to have cleared away most things.

Gonna try usb now, then get back to you, thanks for the help mate you've been brilliant
Interesting indeed, you should still see driver entries for both the VCI-300's built-in card AND your DMX unit (when they're plugged in). Things definitely aren't installing right if you're not. I know on my machine I've always been able to see my Audio-8 card, M-Audio's built-in card (when I had it) and direct sound drivers.

You mentioned production. If you're using Live, Logic, whatever it may be... just out of curiosity, does the VCI or your DMX show up in that program as an audio device choice (as long as the VCI is plugged in when you launch you should be able to use that built-in card too)? If one or the other does, or doesn't, it tells you a lot about where the problem may lie (with Itch or the drivers).
Shaquana Wesselhoff

Yeah, I got to digging some more after my post and realized I'd stuck my foot in my mouth, heh.

I have experienced the problem you're having in the past with an Xponent I used to own. Honestly, I can't even recall what I did to get it working. I believe this is the result of bad driver / resource association in Windows.

Also, DON'T use ASIO4ALL, as a matter of fact, uninstall that too just to make sure there are no conflicts. You should only be using the "ASIO" driver that is listed with the name of the VCI-300's built in soundcard. If you try and use your PC's built in card w/ ASIO4ALL you'll find it still won't be adequate.

Another thing you might do after a complete uninstall of Itch and VCI-300 drivers (delete folders left on HD, clean your registry, if you know where to look) is go into "Device Manager" on your system and just uninstall the Universal Serial Bus Controller chain of devices (atleast the one(s) it lets you). Also make sure theirs no entry under sound devices for the VCI-300 soundcard. Reboot Windows and it should re-detect the USB hub(s) and install them.

Install the drivers for your VCI per your reference manual instructions. Make sure you try and use a different USB port then you've been using. Then install Itch and see what happens.

Whatever you do, don't give up and keep at this. It's all software, and in the end only the user experience and troubleshooting can overcome it. The x64 environment will test your patience as most drivers haven't been in development long enough to cover all hardware configurations as well as the 32-bit. Hopefully support will get back to you sooner rather then later.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Hi mate thanks for the reply, glad you like my rig, absolutely rocks in production and Traktor pro
Here's what i have:
As of ICH 1.1 there is now support for 64bit systems and ITCH 1.1 installs just fine, but the controller is "hardware disconnected".

Thing is the controller works like a charm in TPro (apart from no monitors and the fact that since i installed then uninstalled asio4all traktor cant play DirectSound, going to reinstall TPro and see if that fixes the problem)

Tinkered around using Itch 1.0.5 and despite "hardware disconnected" lighting up and me not being able to load both decks on ITCH 1.05 i actually had control over the track, play cue jog all worked like a charm. this is really bizarre stuff.
Contacted Vestax via email, upped a bunch of posts on itch community , no luck yet but will update as i get more info, if you got any advice for me I'd be more than grateful mate

Macintosh
Available USB Port

OR

Windows XP
Available USB Port
Windows Vista
Available USB Port

Please note

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy