VCI-300 & serato itch problems

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: VCI-300 & serato itch problemsReply
VCI-300 & serato itch problems
Posted on: 29.10.2010 by Trena Howsden
hey guy.
i'm new here starting with a question... (yeah, i already tried thesearch, i'm sorry).

i have a vci-300 connected to my macbook pro, newest version of serato itch.
itch doesn't recognize the controller, the button "hardware disconnected" is active.
i already tried by adding a power supply to the controller, but the controller gets it'S power by usb, that works.

the buttons are enlighted. sound is playing if i drop a file to itch and click the play icon, but not via controller...

...read about it's just plug and play, so i don't know where to search the fault, maybe you can help?

thanks for your attention.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Have you tried a different computer?

If it works on that then try a different usb port.
Might be easier to try those 2 the other way round lol.
Trena Howsden
hey guy.
i'm new here starting with a question... (yeah, i already tried thesearch, i'm sorry).

i have a vci-300 connected to my macbook pro, newest version of serato itch.
itch doesn't recognize the controller, the button "hardware disconnected" is active.
i already tried by adding a power supply to the controller, but the controller gets it'S power by usb, that works.

the buttons are enlighted. sound is playing if i drop a file to itch and click the play icon, but not via controller...

...read about it's just plug and play, so i don't know where to search the fault, maybe you can help?

thanks for your attention.
Trena Howsden
yeah. all lights turn on.

i even recognize the controller in mac osx's audio midi setup. it's an usb sign named vestax vci-300.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Nicky H

Might be easier to try those 2 the other way round lol.
Janyce Henningson
Does the unit light up when you plug it in?

"i already tried by adding a power supply to the controller, but the controller gets it'S power by usb, that works."

Don't understand what you mean.

Tatum Ansaldo
All i can believe of is to open 'Audio MIDI Setup', click Window on the menu bar then Show MIDI Window. Check that your VCI shows up there and is active. If not, it's not being recognised by the macbook and you have a problem. If it is... I have no idea.
Trena Howsden
thanks, you are right. i found a fiew threads, but none of them could help me. either the guys asking for help there didn't receive an answer i could use.
Julissa Serrone
I would try the VCI-300/Itch community on the Serato site:

http://www.serato.com/help/vestax

I remember seeing a few posts about that, but never read into them.

I always try to plug in my controller first, let it light up and THEN open up Itch. Works everytime.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy