Serato SL3 phono vs line in

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato SL3 phono vs line inReply
Serato SL3 phono vs line in
Posted on: 09.11.2011 by Elisa Schotte
I am believeing about buying Serato SL3 sometime in the not-to-distant future.

I was reading the directions for connecting your turntable to it and it said to connect the RCA cables from the TT to the SL3, connect the ground wire, and set the SL3 to "phono".

My turntable (Stanton T92) does not have a ground post so I wouldn't be able to ground it to the SL3. However I can have the TT output either as a phono or as line signal.

I was wondering if I'd be able to set my TT to line (which I am currently doing to connect it to my mixer), connect it to the SL3, and then set the SL3 to "line", or can you only use the line setting for the time-coded cd and not the time-coded vinyl?

Thanks!
Kiyoko Wellisch
Originally Posted by farhanashraf
wouldnt recommend setting it to LINE, that is for CDJs
Errrr
Micaela Scherbert
the line out setting on those turntables effectively makes it a line feed and no longer a phono feed (which requires a preamp).

I would imagine it would work fine using line inputs, but I cannot test to verify.

I also believe the stantons are internally grounded so you shouldnt have to worry about the ground when running phono out.
Elisa Schotte
I am believeing about buying Serato SL3 sometime in the not-to-distant future.

I was reading the directions for connecting your turntable to it and it said to connect the RCA cables from the TT to the SL3, connect the ground wire, and set the SL3 to "phono".

My turntable (Stanton T92) does not have a ground post so I wouldn't be able to ground it to the SL3. However I can have the TT output either as a phono or as line signal.

I was wondering if I'd be able to set my TT to line (which I am currently doing to connect it to my mixer), connect it to the SL3, and then set the SL3 to "line", or can you only use the line setting for the time-coded cd and not the time-coded vinyl?

Thanks!
Elisa Schotte
Yeah I tried using phono output to my mixer but I got a hum so I use the line. (I'm actually using an IDJ2 as a basic mixer for now)

I'm curious to find out from DJ Marv after he tries using serato with line output on his TT.

Thanks.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Errrr
Leeanna Ayla
The T92's are indeed grounded internally so you can use either phone or line. If you use line make sure you switch it on the back of the TT.
Micaela Scherbert
the line out setting on those turntables effectively makes it a line feed and no longer a phono feed (which requires a preamp).

I would imagine it would work fine using line inputs, but I cannot test to verify.

I also believe the stantons are internally grounded so you shouldnt have to worry about the ground when running phono out.
Osvaldo Newhall
Vinyl turntable is a phonograph that connects into phono input.
Francene Klimmek
I ve got the Stanton ST 150 and I set em to phono to use with SSL. I will switch to line and let you know what happens
Ninfa Larranaga

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy