Serato Intro (New Software)

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato Intro (New Software)Reply
Serato Intro (New Software)
Posted on: 29.09.2011 by Cristian Carmona
So it looks like Serato made a LE version of ITCH and came out with Intro

What is it?

Want to rock a party? Serato DJ Intro is all about parties. Mix tracks together like a pro with software from world renown DJ experts, Serato. Set cue points, loop up intros and use DJ-FX like the best of them, and drop air horns, lazers and acapellas over any set using the built in sample player. All of this in one intuitive DJ software.

Not to mention, setup is quick and easy with Serato's plug-and-play design: connect speakers to your controller, your controller to your laptop, launch the software and start DJing.

Music is there to be played with. So what are you waiting for?
Plug-And-Play

Serato takes the hassle out of DJ setups. Simply connect your supported Serato DJ Intro controller to your computer, launch the software and start DJing.
Mix it Up

Beatmatch and scratch music files from your computer like a pro with Serato's ground-breaking colored waveforms. Sync your sounds for fast and accurate mixes.
Get Creative

Cue points and loops let you mark, access and repeat specific parts of a song, while DJ FX color tracks with a range of professional presets.
Drop It

Whether you want to drop air horns or entire tunes, the four slot sample player will help you layer individual sounds to add even more fun to your sets.

Serato DJ Intro What is it? Tech Specs Download Now
Technical Specifications

Two tracks can be mixed simultaneously using traditional DJ controls - scratch, nudge, pitch bend, EQ.

Serato Sync locks tracks together for seamless grooves.

Serato Crates make audio file management easy and advanced iTunes integration gives you instant access of personal library and playlist information.

Cue points allow you to quickly access specific parts of songs.

Loops repeat selected sections and can create new intros, outros and extended mixes.

DJ-FX will enhance any DJ set, allowing you to color songs and create unique sounding transitions.

The Sample Player can play up to four short samples, audio loops, sound effects or full length tracks in addition to the two tracks you're mixing.

Plug-and-Play connectivity makes it simple and fast to setup your supported Serato DJ Intro controller, computer and software and start DJing.

download: http://serato.com/downloads/dj-intro

The following controllers are supported with Serato DJ Intro:

Numark MixTrack Pro
Numark MixDeck
Numark MixDeck Express
Numark N4
Numark MixDeck Quad
Vestax Typhoon
Vestax VCI-100 Mk II
Wendell Mujtaba
Originally Posted by JesC
anyone know what a Numark N4 is?
Its basically gonna be a 4 channel Mixtrack Pro...

Coming soon
Gavin Rachor
Intro v1.0.4 is now available to download. It adds support for the Pioneer Ergo as well as minor tweaks to other controllers (the "Stutter" buttons on the Mixtrack Pro are now mapped to "CUP", for example).
Wendell Mujtaba
Its basically gonna be a 4 channel Mixtrack Pro...

Coming soon
Xenia Gorin
You can't MIDI map with Intro. I can't even launch cues or samples with the keyboard cause there's no keyboard shortcuts. There's no auto loop on my controller (Mixdeck) or on screen controls for that either as well as no keyboard shortcuts . If you want auto loops you have to a certain Vestax controller. All in all I find it pretty lame. Yeah I know its the first release but I've asked alot of question (so have many others) and the answers always no or not in any future plans. And sure its aimed at the newbies but dam its even an insult to them. I'm not impressed one bit. Step it up already Serato........almost forgot about the sampler, you can only play one shots. There's no way to loop a sample, for me that's worthless.
Vernie Beharry
DJ Intro have a whole bunch of Itch users up in arms because the VCI-400 is not Itch compatible but is compatible with DJ Intro.

They can't understand why this professional product would not be Itch compatible.
- It's going to take a lil more tweaking with the code to play nicely with ALL controllers. Soundcard or not.

Serato's minding just changed a bit, but seems they really need to open their mind a little bit more. I wish them luck, but it begins in a weird way...'
No doubt it's a dubious start, but I'm (silently) excited about it. I'm an SSL user, and I just couldn't get myself to get into TSP2. . .especially when assigning midi is pretty straight forward, and a bit easier for me, as I don't want to focus too much on programming midi when I can just do it on the fly.
Lisa Lochotzki
Serato's minding just changed a bit, but seems they really need to open their mind a little bit more. I wish them luck, but it begins in a weird way...
Monroe Vandeslunt
DJ Intro have a whole bunch of Itch users up in arms because the VCI-400 is not Itch compatible but is compatible with DJ Intro.

They can't understand why this professional product would not be Itch compatible.
Gavin Rachor
For the Mac users having problems with the Typhoon this advice from the Serato community apparently works to fix the problem:

1) Ensure Serato DJ Intro is closed and connect your Vestax Typhoon.
2) Open Finder and go to the Applications > Utilities folder and run the Audio MIDI Setup application.
3) Click on the Window option in the toolbar and select "Show MIDI Window".
4) Scroll along and look for the Typhoon in the connected devices, it should show as "TYPHOON DJ-Controller". If it is connected, but shows as something other than this (e.g. "USB MIDI Device") then try the following:
5) Disconnect the Vestax Typhoon.
6) Whatever device name it was showing as, click to select this in the MIDI window.
7) Click the Remove Device button.
8) Reconnect the Vestax Typhoon, it should now correctly display as the "TYPHOON DJ-Controller".
+1
Gavin Rachor
FYI I got to have a chat with a Serato rep at BPM yesterday so I let him know about the problems Mac users are having with the Typhoon so hopefully it'll reach the right people to investigate.

I also pointed out that if you're going to make software that'll be included with a controller like the Mixtrack Pro then it might be a good idea if all of the buttons are actually mapped to something. If you want your entry-level software to hook people into your ecosystem then you want it to actually work well. With the 1.0.1 version there are way too many non-functional controls on the Mixtrack Pro. However, it is the first release so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they'll improve the mapping in future updates.
Xenia Gorin
Honestly the Traktor LE or VDJ LE is way better then this joke their trying to pass off........
Gavin Rachor
I don't believe anyone but Serato have any help info up yet. There's no support on Numark's site yet (although there is an info page now).
Chiquita Pinks
yes, I did. funny thing is someone's got it working, some not.. Vestax site still doesn't have any serato support on typhoon.
Gavin Rachor
I was going to suggest that you post at the Searto community with the other Mac/Typhoon users having the same problem, but I see you already have.
Chiquita Pinks
10.6.8, 4gb ram, apple blackbook 2008, vestax typhoon seial 106xxxxxx, powered AC or USB, stands hardvare disconnected in serato intro. reinstalling no effect.
Gavin Rachor
From the Serato Intro community :

I've had this same issue also, there is a workaround solution I have found though. Connect a 7.5v ac adapter to the Typhoon and use that to power the unit and it works fine on my mid-2007 iMac running 10.6.8.

FYI The connector on the typhoon is the same P6 Barrel Plug that is on the SL-1, so if you have purchased a power adapter for that and it allows you to switch the voltage just lower it to 7.5v and you'll be able to run Intro just fine.
So it looks as if the Mac may not be giving the Typhoon enough power from its USB ports. It may also work if you try with a powered USB hub.
Elvie Kappauf
I'm having the same problem with the Typhoon "Hardware disconnected" running Mac OSX 2GB Ram 2,8Gz Intel.
Gavin Rachor
It should do. Try giving a little more information. What system, OS, RAM etc do you have? Have you tried re-installing the software?
Chiquita Pinks
it doesnt work on typhoon.
Gavin Rachor
I'm playing around with it now on my Mixtrack Pro. It's very nice for a freebie.

I've played around in Traktor Pro's mapping but never managed to get the jogs to respond very well. The way the jogs react in Intro with the Mixtrack Pro seems to me (bear in mind I'm fairly noob-ish) to be almost as tight as the videos of the NS6/Itch combo.

It's going to take a bit of getting used to after using Traktor but I'm willing to give it a try.
Cristian Carmona
thanks for the info Lew.
Gavin Rachor
http://www.numark.com/contentmgr/sho...id/294773/tt/5

Four Decks of Control. Are you ready?

Featuring four decks of software control plus a built-in mixer that can be used with or without a computer, N4 is designed for DJs who want powerful capability in a lightweight, portable package. N4 is a complete DJ controller that has everything you need to perform at your highest level: large, touch-sensitive platters, four decks of software control with loop and effects controls, a built-in USB audio interface and a comprehensive mixer section with EQ and gain controls. N4 comes with both Serato DJ Intro software and a 4-deck version of Virtual DJ LE.

Built-In Mixer
N4 is built for flexible control of virtually any music source. You can use its built-in mixer to bring virtually any external source into your mix including turntables, CD players and MP3 players. You can choose in an instant to switch from controlling 4 decks of software to controlling 2 decks of software plus 2 channels of external source.

Timecode Capability
With the ability to use time code, N4 sets a new standard for 4-channel controllers in its class. In addition to its four decks of MIDI software control, you get the ability to use CD players or turntables to control your advanced DJ software by employing turntables with time-coded vinyl or CD players with time-coded CDs.* Turn N4 into a four-platter controller by adding on two controllers or two turntables like the NDX900 Controller or two TTXUSB turntable.

Essential Elements
Of course, N4 comes equipped with an intuitive layout of faders, knobs and buttons that feel great, provide the right amount of resistance and are built withstand abuse. Each deck is outfitted with standard DJ tools including a pitch fader with key-lock control, looping controls, and effect and sampling controls. Four Video Fade selectors are also on-board to give you video mixing capability when using Virtual DJ Pro (available separately).

Built-in USB Audio Interface
N4 is Class Compliant: plug it in to your laptop, load the software and you're ready to go. N4 enables USB recording of all your analog and digital sources. Whether you're using four decks or software or combining software and externals sources from N4's mixer section, your entire performance can be recorded, saved and posted to your website or social media. For your live audience, N4 has balanced XLR outputs, giving you a solid, professional connection to virtually any sound system.

Start taking control with N4 from Numark.

*Upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro software is required to use N4 with time-coded vinyl or CDs.
Leeanna Ayla
DJTT post

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/09/2...ware-dj-intro/

This looks like it could be good for the DJ who has to do the occasional Serato gig, but doesn't have a Serato setup at home.
Leeanna Ayla
What's different from this software and the software that comes with the Twitch or DX?
Marshall Aby
Interesting stuff. It's free; but of course it currently only works with the above controllers which come with free software to run on them anyway.

It's serato's attempt to grab a slice of the beginner bedroom DJ market I guess.
Cristian Carmona

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy