SL1 with new Mac Book Pro

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: SL1 with new Mac Book ProReply
SL1 with new Mac Book Pro
Posted on: 06.01.2012 by Caprice Gerbasi
I read that there could be some issues using a SL1 with the new mac book pro (core i5, i7), a friend sold me a SL 1 (50
Audrey Pinda
Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms
The issues are more to do with the fact that if you plug more than one USB 1.1 device into an Core i5/i7 based Motherboard, the motherboard doesn't provide the correct amount of power to both units and one or other won't work (usually dependant upon the order you plug them in)

For example I try to use my SL1 box (which I bought for
Spencer Kilcoyne
Originally Posted by DeejayAlex
This was the only way to test the SL1 box with turntables (controler), even though I tested it in Internal mode.

I just wanna be sure that SL1 don't f*ck when used with the last MBP, cause I read that CPU core i5, i7 (last MBP are featured with teses cpus ) would have issues with usb 1.1 (I'm talking about a normal use, not the experiment I did with V7s)
The issues are more to do with the fact that if you plug more than one USB 1.1 device into an Core i5/i7 based Motherboard, the motherboard doesn't provide the correct amount of power to both units and one or other won't work (usually dependant upon the order you plug them in)

Caprice Gerbasi
I read that there could be some issues using a SL1 with the new mac book pro (core i5, i7), a friend sold me a SL 1 (50
Audrey Pinda

Spencer Kilcoyne
This was the only way to test the SL1 box with turntables (controler), even though I tested it in Internal mode.

I just wanna be sure that SL1 don't f*ck when used with the last MBP, cause I read that CPU core i5, i7 (last MBP are featured with teses cpus ) would have issues with usb 1.1 (I'm talking about a normal use, not the experiment I did with V7s)

Caprice Gerbasi
Caprice Gerbasi
Originally Posted by JesC
you should be fine with the SL-1 and the new macs. try dropping your latency to 5ms and report you findings sir.
thanks sir, even if scrath live doesn't allow me to set latency below 5ms.
Sherry Nyblom

SL-1 issue with i-series processor is only valid if you running Windows system. Apple fixed that in their OSX, so Macs dont have those problems.

info here: http://serato.com/community /discussion/327412#new
Audrey Pinda

Spencer Kilcoyne

Caprice Gerbasi
Originally Posted by jprime
huh? SL1 box with Itch and timecodes....?

What exactly are you trying to do, I'm confuzzled.

Caprice Gerbasi
Caprice Gerbasi
Originally Posted by JesC
you should be fine with the SL-1 and the new macs. try dropping your latency to 5ms and report you findings sir.
thanks sir, even if scrath live doesn't allow me to set latency below 5ms.
Cristian Carmona
Sherry Nyblom

SL-1 issue with i-series processor is only valid if you running Windows system. Apple fixed that in their OSX, so Macs dont have those problems.

info here: http://serato.com/community /discussion/327412#new
Audrey Pinda

Freddie Henrichs
Would it help if he powered the SL1?
Spencer Kilcoyne

Caprice Gerbasi
Originally Posted by jprime

Breanne Penge

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy