bpms always off by .01 or .02 when mixing some tracks in serato itch with ns6?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: bpms always off by .01 or .02 when mixing some tracks in serato itch with ns6?Reply
bpms always off by .01 or .02 when mixing some tracks in serato itch with ns6?
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Millicent Sonner
hey i just got the numark ns6 a few weeks ago, and i noticed that sometimes when i try to mix songs they will match up fine, but some times the bpms will be off by .01 or .02, no matter how carefully i adjust the pitch, they dont match up :/ any idea why or if theres anything i can do about that or is it just how the song is? im pretty sure i have it set to the highest sensitivity (its on range 6)
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by lucidstrings
won't go within .05
this is a common issue with the ns6 and currently there is no solution other then using sync or continually nudging offending tracks back in time.
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by glukoze
hey i just got the numark ns6 a few weeks ago, and i noticed that sometimes when i try to mix songs they will match up fine, but some times the bpms will be off by .01 or .02, no matter how carefully i adjust the pitch, they dont match up :/ any idea why or if theres anything i can do about that or is it just how the song is? im pretty sure i have it set to the highest sensitivity (its on range 6)
So, you've synced the decks? Or manually matched the pitch and then it drifts? Beatgridding can be the 'problem' here. I use a DX, which uses a rotary encoder for the pitch 'fader' so stepping in thousandth's is very simple, so I can't speak to actually using the fader on this one. I do know when I used a T1 and Traktor utilizing a fader, it would tend to jump or skip a thousandth or two if I wasn't syncing the decks. Really shouldn't be a big issue though, as someone else said, use your ears or pay attention to the phase meter to nudge accordingly.
Trista Karle
Originally Posted by Arbite
Itch adjusts pitch by percentage rather than bpm. This means that every now and then it will skip 1/100th of a bpm occasionally. It's not a big deal because it means that it would take around 30 or more seconds for it to become noticeable delay in the mix.
Average mix is 1.5 mins requires 2 additional nudges
Millicent Sonner
Nancey Inderlied
Also make sure the light on your pitch fader is on when it's at zero. I thought it was awfully weird I had so many 128.08 tracks in a row, when I realized I had just nudged my V7's fader a fraction of a half of a millimeter. The zero space on the Numark controllers really is minuscule.
Trista Karle
Non quant cue got me good first time I was recording a set was like woah
Juliette Vensel
Without using sync today, I was noticing the .01 drift when looping one track while mixing in another on my Xone DX... as another DX owner mentioned, just adjusting with the pitch knob made the difference and it was spot on.

Another learning curve... like the non-quantized cue points.
Trista Karle
Haha I don't get itch sync or using sync I refuse to use it even on traktor its not really an issue
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by lucidstrings
won't go within .05
this is a common issue with the ns6 and currently there is no solution other then using sync or continually nudging offending tracks back in time.
Trista Karle
Honestly I have no issues as don't use sync or grid but odd track it won't go within .05 usually when pitching hard. I did find a trick the other day but for life of me can't remember what I did to fix it. I believe i may of just slipped the grid and it worked for that one track. But don't remember
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by glukoze
So, you've synced the decks? Or manually matched the pitch and then it drifts? Beatgridding can be the 'problem' here. I use a DX, which uses a rotary encoder for the pitch 'fader' so stepping in thousandth's is very simple, so I can't speak to actually using the fader on this one. I do know when I used a T1 and Traktor utilizing a fader, it would tend to jump or skip a thousandth or two if I wasn't syncing the decks. Really shouldn't be a big issue though, as someone else said, use your ears or pay attention to the phase meter to nudge accordingly.
Trista Karle
Originally Posted by Arbite
Itch adjusts pitch by percentage rather than bpm. This means that every now and then it will skip 1/100th of a bpm occasionally. It's not a big deal because it means that it would take around 30 or more seconds for it to become noticeable delay in the mix.
Average mix is 1.5 mins requires 2 additional nudges
Palma Hanslip
Use your ears and don't rely on the information fed through the screen.
Monroe Vandeslunt
Its not a problem, just nudge the track back in.. use your ears to detect the drift.

If you want it exact you are going to have to use the sync button. When you press the sync button it will match up the bpm's perfectly.
Danial Sawn
Trista Karle
Itch deal annoying yes but shouldn't be damaging

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy