Itch sync

Itch sync
Posted on: 23.01.2012 by Hai Lutzi
Serato itch 2.1
Using a twitch I can't complain. Thing works great.
But I do have a question about sync.

How can I get serato to sync like traktor?

I always have to correct it with the jog pad things..
Any help would be great..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by fdawg
basically imagine I have a tack on channel A playing and I want to mix in a track from channel b. I prep it in my headphones press play and hit SYNC on channel b but it doesnt do anything (apart from the light on the sync button comes on), it doesn't adjust the tempo or line up beat grids. The only way I can get the 2 tracks to sync is by pressing the SYNC button on Channel A which then brings everything in SYNC. I then mix out Channel A and have a track playing on B, I now want to mix a new track in from channel so again I cue it in my head phones and press SYNC on channel A BUT pressing it does nothing (the light comes on so the buuton is working) so to sync the 2 tracks I have to press SYNC on channel B!

so bacially if I want to mix in a track using sync I have to press sync on the channel I already have playing rather than the track I am mixing it which I can work around but occassionally causes jumps in the track playing.

Am I doing something wrong or should I take my Twitch back? all tracks are beat gridded etc
You have a track in deck A and you have a track cue'd up in Deck B, and you want Deck B to Synch to Deck A.

First thing I do is first: hit Synch on Deck A. This pretty much says "Deck A is the master deck." Then I hit synch on Deck B - and if the tracks are gridded nicely, voila.

Sounds like you aren't hitting synch on A first to establish the master deck. try that.
Hai Lutzi
Serato itch 2.1
Using a twitch I can't complain. Thing works great.
But I do have a question about sync.

How can I get serato to sync like traktor?

I always have to correct it with the jog pad things..
Any help would be great..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Breanne Penge
Also - once I load another track into Deck A after this - I don't need to do anything - Itch knows Deck B is now the master deck. Both Synch buttons are already lit up, and yuou are good to go.
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by fdawg
basically imagine I have a tack on channel A playing and I want to mix in a track from channel b. I prep it in my headphones press play and hit SYNC on channel b but it doesnt do anything (apart from the light on the sync button comes on), it doesn't adjust the tempo or line up beat grids. The only way I can get the 2 tracks to sync is by pressing the SYNC button on Channel A which then brings everything in SYNC. I then mix out Channel A and have a track playing on B, I now want to mix a new track in from channel so again I cue it in my head phones and press SYNC on channel A BUT pressing it does nothing (the light comes on so the buuton is working) so to sync the 2 tracks I have to press SYNC on channel B!

so bacially if I want to mix in a track using sync I have to press sync on the channel I already have playing rather than the track I am mixing it which I can work around but occassionally causes jumps in the track playing.

Am I doing something wrong or should I take my Twitch back? all tracks are beat gridded etc
You have a track in deck A and you have a track cue'd up in Deck B, and you want Deck B to Synch to Deck A.

First thing I do is first: hit Synch on Deck A. This pretty much says "Deck A is the master deck." Then I hit synch on Deck B - and if the tracks are gridded nicely, voila.

Sounds like you aren't hitting synch on A first to establish the master deck. try that.
Corine Kasman
OK, I just got back into Itch (2.2) with a Twitch. I left in 1.7 with a DX, oh how things have changed

Sync in Itch is DIFFERENT from Traktor. First there are two Sync modes: Smart and Simple.

Simple matches the BPM of the track but lets you do the phasing yourself. Pressing SYNC will set the deck on which you pressed it at the tempo of the other deck, EVEN IF IT IS PLAYING! Be careful here, you can get a sudden jump if you press the wrong button. With Simple, the beatgrid is invisible (it's not erased, just hidden). You have to set your own phasing.

Smart works quite a bit different. First you need to set a tempo as master by pressing the SYNC button on a playing deck (basically setting the master clock). At this point the playing deck should have a BLUE "SYNC" lit on the playing virtual deck. Now pressing SYNC on the non-playing deck will highlight a GREY "SYNC" on the non-playing virtual deck. This is Sync Arm mode. Note that the Tempo will NOT change in the virtual deck yet, it only changes after you press PLAY. When you press play on the non-playing deck, it will now fall perfectly in time to the deck of the playing deck, and the "SYNC" on both decks will be BLUE. This is called Beat Sync

Watch for the YELLOW "SYNC"! This is Tempo Sync and is similar to the Simple sync described above. You will get this any time you stop a deck (either with Play/Pause or Cue). The highlighted "SYNC" will have switched to YELLOW. To get it back to GREY (i.e Sync Arm mode), press SYNC again on that deck. It's now ready to play fully quantized when you want to drop it.

Confusing? Not really, just a different work flow. It will quickly become normal after a couple of sessions
Trista Karle
Sorry 128bar

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone
Trista Karle
I second this is very annoying all I want is .01 resolution out f my 100mm faders even if only at 8% range and since hitting sync wont align bpm I must nudge straight time wen .02 out and doing a 138bar loop 32bar times 4 by time bar 64 vomer around its way out of whack however if I do get the bpm spot on mixing on the ns6 is flawless love it only complaint

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone
Cristian Carmona
If your using smart sync rhe beat grids have to be spot on. But like I mentioned previously it does require a nudge here & there. Minor adjustments
Lorine Krattli
I ahve a SYNC issues on Itch 2.1 as well, I just got a Tiwtch last week and thought I would try out ITCH as I was using TP 2. here is my issues.......

soemthing isn't quite right with either Itch 2.1 or my Twitch but I just cannot use the sync buttons as they do not work. Well they do work but not how they should do. Hopefully someone might be able to help me...

Cristian Carmona
itch does require to nudge the track every now and then, its not super quantized like traktor.
Hai Lutzi
beatgrid in serato. yeah I suppose so. Ive ran the tracks thru the bpm and detection and things... then turn sync on. and it syncs but like to mabye the 16th beat or 1/8 not the whole note like traktor does
Verlene Geevarghese
Are you beatgridding at all? If you don't correct grids or don't use them at all, you're likely going to have to nudge to keep in time.
Hai Lutzi
ohh yeah I was hoping that wasnt the case...
I love the beat slicer and stuff in itch for the twitch.. Wish I could get them to do the same thing in traktor...
Julissa Serrone
There's two sync modes you can chose from. I don't believe either works exactly like Traktor though.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy