The Problem with Itch

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: The Problem with ItchReply
The Problem with Itch
Posted on: 08.05.2012 by Dinorah Breeding
Anyone else LOVE the idea of Itch, but hate it's implementation? They mean for Itch controllers to replace club mixers and decks. Simply go into the club, plug your laptop in, and BOOM. You can play any controller, no configuration required. Great idea.

However, what is killing it is their refusal to allow ANY customization. I want to add a 3rd deck to my S1! Why cant I plug in a V7 and simply have another deck? Or why cant they integrate an Ipad app for Itch? Or a controller for the sample decks? Or the bridge? Come on!!! Video is awful, I cant even control the effects with my software.

Anyone else feel like Itch is losing customers because we cant use more than 1 controller?
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by AHAP
Anyone else LOVE the idea of Itch, but hate it's implementation? They mean for Itch controllers to replace club mixers and decks. Simply go into the club, plug your laptop in, and BOOM. You can play any controller, no configuration required. Great idea.

However, what is killing it is their refusal to allow ANY customization. I want to add a 3rd deck to my S1! Why cant I plug in a V7 and simply have another deck? Or why cant they integrate an Ipad app for Itch? Or a controller for the sample decks? Or the bridge? Come on!!! Video is awful, I cant even control the effects with my software.

Anyone else feel like Itch is losing customers because we cant use more than 1 controller?
You kind of shoot yourself in the foot with this one .

You love the idea of just showing up with your machine, but you want to add customization which would require you to bring more than just your machine .
Dorie Scelzo
I honestly believe that's the absolute worst idea I've heard since I started DJing……it beats wearing a giant mouse head.

But, yeah, it is weird why they don't allow you to add decks by plugging in a V7……except that you'd need an external mixer to control the 3rd channel……and there goes the purpose of the middle of every all-in-one controller out there……and there's more hardware to buy…and oh screw it, just buy decks.
Dinorah Breeding

Dinorah Breeding
Yeah I did. That's why I just bought an S4 w/ scratch update and an audio technica TT haha. Cant wait for the F1 to come out
Verlene Geevarghese

You kind of shoot yourself in the foot with this one .

You love the idea of just showing up with your machine, but you want to add customization which would require you to bring more than just your machine .
Dorie Scelzo
I honestly believe that's the absolute worst idea I've heard since I started DJing……it beats wearing a giant mouse head.

But, yeah, it is weird why they don't allow you to add decks by plugging in a V7……except that you'd need an external mixer to control the 3rd channel……and there goes the purpose of the middle of every all-in-one controller out there……and there's more hardware to buy…and oh screw it, just buy decks.
Dinorah Breeding
Actually with the V7 I meant use my DDJ-S1 with Itch and add a 3rd deck with a V7. It should be as easy as plugging it in!
Corine Kasman
It's not really a problem with Itch, more a purchasing choice. There are people who don't want/need mapping capabilities This allows Serato to avoid Midi limitations and work with proprietary protocols. NI is now moving that direction with the F1, maximizing the hardware/software.

I do get what you're saying about using the V7 with SSL, but that is an SSL thing and not an Itch thing. As for a separate Itch App, it would mean the same level of integration as Itch itself and the expected benefits might be outweighed by latency by an "external" source

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy