Still no scratching on VCI-400

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Still no scratching on VCI-400Reply
Still no scratching on VCI-400
Posted on: 03.04.2012 by Twyla Tornabene
I'm having the same problem others were mentioning in the mapping thread about the jog wheels not scratching or seeking. I am using Traktor version 2.12. I've added in the Scratch command to Deck A others suggested. Switched back & forth between vinyl mode. Still it only verrrrrry slowly moves the track, Ive played with the acceleration values as well and there's no differerence. I realize I can use Shift+Jog to seek REALLY fast but what happened to the scratch/seek that was on the VCI-100 ? Isnt that one of the most obvious features of having jog wheels?
Twyla Tornabene
I'm having the same problem others were mentioning in the mapping thread about the jog wheels not scratching or seeking. I am using Traktor version 2.12. I've added in the Scratch command to Deck A others suggested. Switched back & forth between vinyl mode. Still it only verrrrrry slowly moves the track, Ive played with the acceleration values as well and there's no differerence. I realize I can use Shift+Jog to seek REALLY fast but what happened to the scratch/seek that was on the VCI-100 ? Isnt that one of the most obvious features of having jog wheels?
Fady Soliman
guys check your settings, I've gotten mine working pretty good and there are others scratching pretty good with the 400!!! Im not a scratch DJ but this looks like a way of learning!! Here is a vid I did just to see how the wheels respond, they are not bad!

check out a good vid here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

this is using Serato but he will be posting one using Traktor, says Traktor sounds and works better.
Sparkle Solinsky
I can only leave voicemail for Vestax support. I left a vm and then got a call back 2hrs later when I was in the grocery store. This is the kind of product you need help with when you call. I tried talking to the rep about the issue and they said "well you'll have to call back later when you're with your gear. So now it's 2hrs later and I'm home...and the tech support # goes straight to voicemail again.

I did make some progress by adding a Scratch command however I'm unfamiliar with how to configure this properly. Now I can get some forward and backward movement in the track when I spin it quickly but it only travels a few seconds either way before pausing there.

UGH!!!!!
Sparkle Solinsky
I'm having the exact same problem. I also upgraded from a VCI-100SE. With all the attention Vestax has given to compatibility I was certain I'd be up and running minutes. 4 hours later I'm still raging.

What do I do?
Ruiz dB
I am able to scratch and seek with the jogs... But scratching is not as good as it is with the S4... It's a big gripe for me actually.
Bessie Larr
I have scratching working for sure. All I did to get it enabled was at the SCRATCH command to Deck A, B, C, & D.
Twyla Tornabene
The job wheel sensitivity knobs are set almost all the way up, then back down a little to get jog fx to work right. These don't have any affect on scratching/seeking speed. I have a hunch that no one has scratching/seeking working with their jog wheels based on what I've seen others posting. Can anyone confirm if they have scratching working with their jog wheels on the DJTT VCI-400 at all?
Bessie Larr
Check your jog wheel sensitivity. It's on the front of the controller. If set too low it will never believe you're scratching.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy