Vestax VCI-400 Jog Wheel question...

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Vestax VCI-400 Jog Wheel question...Reply
Vestax VCI-400 Jog Wheel question...
Posted on: 16.03.2012 by Ruiz dB
Do the jog wheels send hi-res MIDI? I've noticed that when scratching in Traktor Pro 2, the integration isn't as tight as the S4. Anyone know the difference? And, if it is a matter of a high res MIDI, will the engineers at DJTT be able to provide a firmware update just for that portion? (I don't need the extra stuff in the EGE, because I'd like to experiment with mapping.)
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by Sean_Boy87
how did you manage to get it that low?
I'm wondering the same. I'm happy with how low mine is as I'm not a scratch DJ but I'd still like to know how you accomplished this.
Nicola Oatts
Originally Posted by sugardaddy
yessss, its much better now I reinstalled the new driver, remapped the jogs: latency finally 2.1ms

Thanks for helping me!
Meredith Waterman
Originally Posted by itzsaga
Count me corrected. However, considering the 4TRAK was built for Traktor, has a Traktor badge on it, and comes with a custom TRAKTOR 2 4TRAK Edition makes me believe that could be why.
not only real scratching is almost impossible. Also mixing a song by hand is just difficult. The new song is always a bit too late because of the time delay (if you know what I mean)

I am believeing about sending the VCI 400 back
Jeanene Bartmess
2ms! Wow very nice!! Would also be really interested to know how you achieved this - if you could please confirm Sean_Boy87 it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by Sean_Boy87
I'm wondering the same. I'm happy with how low mine is as I'm not a scratch DJ but I'd still like to know how you accomplished this.
Nicola Oatts
Originally Posted by sugardaddy
yessss, its much better now I reinstalled the new driver, remapped the jogs: latency finally 2.1ms

Thanks for helping me!
Fady Soliman
Good to hear! np!
Meredith Waterman

Thanks for helping me!
Fady Soliman
Check this thread, I changed the settings and getting it to work pretty good. Also there is a link for another vid. Looks pretty impressive!

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=49767
Carey Leid
Ean Golden said in his video that if you're going to be doing a lot of mashing and moving, you want your latency under 10ms
Meredith Waterman
thanks for answering, I changed the buffer size and tried different parameters in the controller settings. I Think it is a little bit better now....but it still hast to become better
Melinda Wubben
Of course you will get delay if you have your ASIO buffer set to 4096! That's 93 ms of latency in software buffers alone - the recommendation is to get under 15 ms for live work, lower always being preferable.
Meredith Waterman
USB Streaming Mode: verly low
ASIO Buffer Size: 4096

But I tried almost every possibiliy, nothing changed. I always have this time delay when I move the jogwheel. (When I move the jog fast forward an back, then you hear the forward-scratch at the time I moved already back.......)
Doug Bieling
Have you looked at your latency settings sugar daddy? Have you got them set to high?
Meredith Waterman
Count me corrected. However, considering the 4TRAK was built for Traktor, has a Traktor badge on it, and comes with a custom TRAKTOR 2 4TRAK Edition makes me believe that could be why.
not only real scratching is almost impossible. Also mixing a song by hand is just difficult. The new song is always a bit too late because of the time delay (if you know what I mean)

I am believeing about sending the VCI 400 back
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
Isn't the Numark 4trak HID? Hopefully things are changing.
Doug Bieling
There is no HID for the jog wheels. This is due to the tech being proprietary to Native Instruments. Hence only controllers made by Native Instruments will have HID jog wheels. There are other things that can be adjusted to get the jogs tighter as is being told here.
Isn't the Numark 4trak HID? Hopefully things are changing.
Bessie Larr
There is no HID for the jog wheels. This is due to the tech being proprietary to Native Instruments. Hence only controllers made by Native Instruments will have HID jog wheels. There are other things that can be adjusted to get the jogs tighter as is being told here.
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by DJQA
The first thing to change with almost ANY mapping is to set jog wheel acceleration to 0%. That gets rid of the ridiculous sticker drift that will naturally follow from a non-linear jog response, and make the feel much more authentic and direct. Remember that you have to do this separately for each function assigned to each jog.
I felt the opposite had to be done with the vci100. I had to up the acceleration to get a far more natural feel.
Roderick Krasselt
Originally Posted by thebeatworx
Do the jog wheels send hi-res MIDI? I've noticed that when scratching in Traktor Pro 2, the integration isn't as tight as the S4. Anyone know the difference? And, if it is a matter of a high res MIDI, will the engineers at DJTT be able to provide a firmware update just for that portion? (I don't need the extra stuff in the EGE, because I'd like to experiment with mapping.)

after adjusting the rotary sensitivitey in trakotr i am getting a much better response. i put deck A up to 125% and BCD up to 25%, dont know why the settings arent all the same but 125% on the other decks was to fast.
Ruiz dB
Is there any way to upgrade the firmware to support HID jog wheels in Traktor?
Melinda Wubben
The first thing to change with almost ANY mapping is to set jog wheel acceleration to 0%. That gets rid of the ridiculous sticker drift that will naturally follow from a non-linear jog response, and make the feel much more authentic and direct. Remember that you have to do this separately for each function assigned to each jog.
Jonie Felgar
its due to your settings, I dont have traktor on this pc so I cant tell you what to change, but if your using standard mappings the scratch response really is trash

It can be improved with a little trial and error (just back up your settings before you make changes, so if stuff goes wrong you can just change back)
Kiyoko Hansey
I'm having the same issues with the VCI-400 EGE version. I have been posting about this in another community believeing it's a Traktor 2 setting or just my computer not taking the load (current Apple MBP 13" base model). Even without scratching, just moving the jog wheel back and forth I feel the queue point is drifting, hard to explain in words.

I suspect it's the lack of HID for the jog wheels, which has been mentioned in other DJTT review videos about other controllers compared to the S4.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy