Standard or EGE?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Standard or EGE?Reply
Standard or EGE?
Posted on: 29.08.2012 by Ossie Pooley
So I'm moving up in the world. I'm ready to throw out my S2 and grab a sparkly VCI-400 (as soon as I get my next payslip)

One question remains. Regular or EGE?

Is the EGE compatible with the standalone firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance people.
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by Lilac
That'd be so useful if I lived in the US.

Is it possible to remap the EGE or if I plan to do that, is it better to go with the regular?
Oh lol, that sucks.

but yea i have learned that, pre-sets from other people dont necessary work for you, yea maybe the 1 or 2 features is cool. but the entire complete 100% layout usually don't.

so just get the regular, map it how you like. i have mapped mine pretty much like EGE, with 4 mode shifts like the above post mentioned. and its a true 4 channel mixer set up, where you can play/pause all 4 channels with 4 hot cue buttons per deck all lay out, w/o pressing the shift button to go to another layer **i try to avoid the shift feature to map other stuff on the same button as much as possible**...because why buy it when you only use 2 channels.

and the standalone mixer feature is definitely worth it!
Ossie Pooley
So I'm moving up in the world. I'm ready to throw out my S2 and grab a sparkly VCI-400 (as soon as I get my next payslip)

One question remains. Regular or EGE?

Is the EGE compatible with the standalone firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance people.
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by Lilac

Is it possible to remap the EGE or if I plan to do that, is it better to go with the regular?
Oh lol, that sucks.

but yea i have learned that, pre-sets from other people dont necessary work for you, yea maybe the 1 or 2 features is cool. but the entire complete 100% layout usually don't.

so just get the regular, map it how you like. i have mapped mine pretty much like EGE, with 4 mode shifts like the above post mentioned. and its a true 4 channel mixer set up, where you can play/pause all 4 channels with 4 hot cue buttons per deck all lay out, w/o pressing the shift button to go to another layer **i try to avoid the shift feature to map other stuff on the same button as much as possible**...because why buy it when you only use 2 channels.

and the standalone mixer feature is definitely worth it!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
The EGE sends different midi messages eg the grid has 4 mode shifts changed by the smaller buttons directly underneath giving 32 virtual buttons from the 8 button grid, and the slice mode sends multiple messages milliseconds apart as a workaround.

If you want to map it yourself believe about what you would map first.. if it isn't very indepth go with the original version. Also believe about whether you just like the idea of having it as an analogue mixer or will actually use it. My guess is that for 90% of people using it, that feature will never get used as you will usually be plugging your unbalanced master into a channel on the house mixer, so if your computer crashes just play something on the cdj.
Ossie Pooley

Julian Ispas
get the regular! u can do your own mapping to similar to EGE.

and there's a 150$ rebate if u buy before 8/31

http://thedjhookup.com/vestax-vci-400-1.html

700 total
Ossie Pooley
Is there a reason behind it?
Ned Somerset
Get the EGE
Ossie Pooley
There's no answer in that thread. =[
Brenna Welbes
Related thread:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=54119