These latency threads are flying out of the woodworks recently...

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: These latency threads are flying out of the woodworks recently...Reply
These latency threads are flying out of the woodworks recently...
Posted on: 08.08.2012 by Garland Egle
I also had extremely bad latency issues, so much so I had to return my EGE.

So lets talk about this? Whats going on?
Ossie Pooley
Originally Posted by Bhajan
When you guys talk about latency, are you referring to the figure given in the "Overall" field in Traktor Pro's Audio Setup preferences? Mine says 20ms, is this an acceptable latency for someone who doesn't do much scratching?
20 is fairly high but you should really be fine.
Jonie Felgar
Originally Posted by Sharkoffs

Seems you didn't experiment with the settings just turned it on and expected magic

with very little tweaking I got mines to 9.3 ms (stable as a brick did an 8 hr shift with it yesterday) the average latency on s4 is 29ms (according to posts on their community )

in fact only this controller seems to work stable at this latency (lots of my friends have controllers from numark to pioneer and none seem to be usable at such low latency speed (my old soundcard used to be 40ms)

what were you expecting?
Garland Egle

Ned Somerset
I thought i heard somewhere the human ear can't tell the difference with a anything lower then 13ms
Brenna Welbes
Yea I never had any problems so far but I thought I should check into it since I hear so much talk about it.

Thanks.
Leeanna Ayla
20 is fine or no scratching and not a whole ton of intricate beat juggling.
Ossie Pooley
Originally Posted by Bhajan
When you guys talk about latency, are you referring to the figure given in the "Overall" field in Traktor Pro's Audio Setup preferences? Mine says 20ms, is this an acceptable latency for someone who doesn't do much scratching?
20 is fairly high but you should really be fine.
Brenna Welbes
Fady Soliman
I have mine set to 7ms on a 2011 MBP. Had it set to the absolute lowest and only have a few crackles here and there so i can run at 5 but to play safe i give myself a bit more.
Cole Maroto
mine's around 14ms and runs fine on windows 7.
Ned Somerset
I have mine at 10ms. Im good.
Jonie Felgar
Originally Posted by Sharkoffs

Seems you didn't experiment with the settings just turned it on and expected magic

with very little tweaking I got mines to 9.3 ms (stable as a brick did an 8 hr shift with it yesterday) the average latency on s4 is 29ms (according to posts on their community )

in fact only this controller seems to work stable at this latency (lots of my friends have controllers from numark to pioneer and none seem to be usable at such low latency speed (my old soundcard used to be 40ms)

what were you expecting?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy