New firmware for standalone mixer use is out!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: New firmware for standalone mixer use is out!Reply
New firmware for standalone mixer use is out!
Posted on: 25.06.2012 by Joya Masi
Is it safe for us EGE users to install or will DJTT release it's own version of the firmware?
Fannie Ohayre
Originally Posted by fitzyp
+1. Will this mess with the EGE firmware? also wondering about an updated EGE firmware?
I was wondering the same thing.
In the meanwhile I'll just enjoy my VCI-400 the way it is.
Joya Masi
Is it safe for us EGE users to install or will DJTT release it's own version of the firmware?
Penelope Udave
yeah, I just did. Haven't encountered any problems... everything seems to work just like it did before the upgrade, except I can run standalone as well.
robin loo
anyone did an upgrade on their VCI 400 EGE?

would be nice to get some official info from DJTT on this topic..
Ethel Saracco
I also read this in the VCI-400 V2.0 Firmware readme file:

"The Midi mapping file of your software may need to be modified to avoid Midi conflict or controlling unwanted functions.
-SeratoDJ Intro : no change -Virtual DJ : Updated midi mapping to be available.
-Traktor Pro2 : We recommend you to use the TSI file included in the Firmware Upgrade folder,
downloadable from the VCI-400 support page of the Vestax website.
"

Since I have a gig in one week, I'm too chicken to install this firmware update for fear of messing something up. If anyone out there has installed the V2.0 audio firmware on their VCI-400 EGE, I would love to hear your findings. Thanks.
Ethel Saracco
Here is the email response that I received from DJTT several days ago regarding the stand alone mixer firmware update:

The audio firmware update has been live for a while. Sorry, I probably wasn't clear before in that it's something Vestax did and works on both normal and SE models the same. You can find the download link to flash the new audio firmware on your SE here: http://www.vestax.com/v/products/det...86&parent_id=8

The audio firmware and midi firmware are separated so this won't effect the SE Midi. We just haven't written about it and covered it extensively yet because we are trying to get some firmware tweaks from Vestax and then will discuss everything when it's all ready in a post on the blog.

Hope this helps. Sorry again for the confusion. Thanks for your support of DJ Techtools, we appreciate it!

Regards,

Chris Lim // flashflooder
Bobbie Scothern
with this mixer update the ege will become the most powerful dj controller in the universe for this moment.

Happy like a retard to use CDJs in addition with 2 decks of traktor power!
Gabriella Joest
Anyone else tried standalone w cdjs? I'm finding the sound quality is not great. Messed with the gain on the back of unit as well as the regular eq section but it's still not very full sounding. Thoughts?
Yang Dahms
Any progress on this front? Do we have a timescale for the EGE version of the update?
Yang Dahms
Should be soon now right?
Fannie Ohayre
Originally Posted by fitzyp
+1. Will this mess with the EGE firmware? also wondering about an updated EGE firmware?
I was wondering the same thing.
In the meanwhile I'll just enjoy my VCI-400 the way it is.
Cole Maroto
just leaving a comment here in case this gets updated.
Ethel Saracco
It sounds like it will be 2-3 weeks before DJTT gets the EGE version of the firmware update from Vestax.
Paulita Cvetkovich
I can't even find a download link or info on Vestax Web Site....
Fady Soliman
+2!!!!
Ned Somerset
Ethel Saracco
I would assume that this would over write the EGE firmware so we will have to wait for DJTT to provide an EGE firmware update.

Is there an ETA on the new EGE firmware from DJTT?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy