Faders bouncing erratically in Traktor 2.5.1 when in down position

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Faders bouncing erratically in Traktor 2.5.1 when in down positionReply
Faders bouncing erratically in Traktor 2.5.1 when in down position
Posted on: 13.08.2012 by Jayne Watland
Has anyone seen this? If you bring fader just a off the bottom it will stop but who wants to keep doing that. It didn't use to do that till recently. Have had vci400ege for 4 months
Nicola Oatts
Originally Posted by groovemixer
Crap im having the same problem with channel B. If i cut the fader on fast it bounces and if i hold it to the top it bounces also. Gonna try to clean before I call DJTT.
this is what happened to me to i sent them a message but you gotta wait a few days sometime for a replay for them just to tell you to blow air into it .... so i done a vid and they seen it and i had my fader within week or so pretty easy to fix to
Twyla Tornabene
Originally Posted by pfef
Update****

So sent in 400se to the Ninjas for repair. Faders were defective and they sent me all new unit.
Im having the exact same problem with right volume channel 2, when my fader is all the way up, it jerks back down. But if I set the fader a little bit down at 99% or lower, it's fine. The left/right crossfader is actually jerky sometimes too.

Can you please be more detailed as to how you got the repair done? Did you send to DJTT or to Vestax? I use my unit for gigs 5 evening s per week, I will have to buy 2 and send one in.
Nicola Oatts
Originally Posted by groovemixer
Crap im having the same problem with channel B. If i cut the fader on fast it bounces and if i hold it to the top it bounces also. Gonna try to clean before I call DJTT.
this is what happened to me to i sent them a message but you gotta wait a few days sometime for a replay for them just to tell you to blow air into it .... so i done a vid and they seen it and i had my fader within week or so pretty easy to fix to
Fady Soliman
Jacquetta Fluegel
I emailed dj ranking s and they said they will send me new fader to install myself. Cool!!
Twyla Tornabene
Originally Posted by pfef
Update****

So sent in 400se to the Ninjas for repair. Faders were defective and they sent me all new unit.
Im having the exact same problem with right volume channel 2, when my fader is all the way up, it jerks back down. But if I set the fader a little bit down at 99% or lower, it's fine. The left/right crossfader is actually jerky sometimes too.

Can you please be more detailed as to how you got the repair done? Did you send to DJTT or to Vestax? I use my unit for gigs 5 evening s per week, I will have to buy 2 and send one in.
Celine Surico
A cheap but good investment is a hand-held vacuum cleaner, run it over the pots in the studio and DJ gear from time to time to vacuum out the particles that will cause grief, wear and problems.
Kellie Myrum
Nicotine and dust and drings, three biggest fader's opponents. I got this issue on my bcd3000 as well...
Jacquetta Fluegel
I am having this problem also with many bookings coming up. This sucks
Joana Rabot
Interesting to hear. I wonder if they had an issue with defective faders on multiple units? I might need to send mine in.
Jayne Watland
Update****

Leeanna Ayla
I'm 99.9% sure this is dirty faders. On the VCI 400's you should (I've never seen the inside of one) be able to take it apart and manually clean them with an alcohol bath and then spray them with some de-oxit lube. If it's an S4 you're out of luck unless it's under warranty.
Shalon Jaranilla
I had the same problem with my s4, as i already vaulted my warranty, i first tried contact cleaner, that didn't worked so i put wd40 in it and that solved the problem. Still no problems since i did this 3 months ago. But watch out wd40 is strong stuff and if you are in warranty, you might wanna know if this will void your warranty, and i don't know what the long term effect is.

But one thing i know that the faders jump up and down in the software has to do with dirty faders.
Charmain Liesegang
yep, my ch 3 fader still does it... now my crossfader is useless because it is erratic for the left deck.

I believe I have to take the time and send it to DJTT to be serviced, but what a bummer for a newer unit with minimal hours.
Dorcas Bassignani
is there a superfader mapped to deck a+b faders for something like fader fx? might a glitch in the mapping
Charmain Liesegang
I've had these issues as well. Contact cleaner somewhat worked, but it still seems to still be an issue on the ch. 2 fader.
Nicola Oatts
i have tried compressed air and nothing still doing it!!

heres a video of mines doing it

Jayne Watland
Tried compressed air which was what djtt told me to try. Also checked with vci who said to send it to one of the service centers to get fixed....can't send it out as I have gigs every week so will probably drive to a service center and see what they can do
Twyla Tornabene
My VCI-400 EGE crossfader does this, 2.12 and 2.5, dont believe its software issue
Nicola Oatts
any of use contacted ranking s about it?.... whats been said ... are they going to fix it?
Joana Rabot
I've been having the same problem with Deck A.
Nicola Oatts
deck b is doing the exact same thing on mines but at the top, and if i move deck a fader its moves deck b fader to (in traktor)
Teresia Janusch
dirty fader? try some contact cleaner

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy