Chroma Caps on Vestax VCI-400

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Chroma Caps on Vestax VCI-400Reply
Chroma Caps on Vestax VCI-400
Posted on: 13.10.2012 by Lila Kolich
Hey guys and sorry for this forst post, because the answer to this is probably obvious to experienced folk, which I'm not. Tried searching, no luck.

I want to grab some chroma-caps to pimp out my VCI-400. My concern is that I have heard and read people saying that some chroma-caps just dont quite fit the VCI-400. How much do they "don't quite fit" and why does DJTT not list this device on their compatibility list - does it require too much work so it's not worth it? I mean DJTT have a core product that is basically the VCI-400 with a re-printed faceplate and these caps, so why isn't it listed?

If not then what knobs can/cannot work? Am happy to do a bit of file/sandpaper/dremel work.

Cheers guys - really appreciate any feedback.
Fannie Ohayre
Originally Posted by noofny
Hey guys and sorry for this forst post, because the answer to this is probably obvious to experienced folk, which I'm not. Tried searching, no luck.

I want to grab some chroma-caps to pimp out my VCI-400. My concern is that I have heard and read people saying that some chroma-caps just dont quite fit the VCI-400. How much do they "don't quite fit" and why does DJTT not list this device on their compatibility list - does it require too much work so it's not worth it? I mean DJTT have a core product that is basically the VCI-400 with a re-printed faceplate and these caps, so why isn't it listed?

If not then what knobs can/cannot work? Am happy to do a bit of file/sandpaper/dremel work.

Yes, the Chroma Caps fit. (I've since changed my EFX and Fader knobs to blue)

Lila Kolich

Fannie Ohayre
Originally Posted by noofny

Yes, the Chroma Caps fit. (I've since changed my EFX and Fader knobs to blue)

Ned Somerset
They work on every knob but the encoders and browse knob. The faders don't fit perfect though just a little low.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy