Improve Jog resolution/scratch sound.

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Improve Jog resolution/scratch sound.Reply
Improve Jog resolution/scratch sound.
Posted on: 13.09.2012 by Lashay Walchak
So I was just messing with my S2 in MIDI mode and came across a mapping trick that sounds MUCH better than just a Jog Turn map for you jog wheels to get a better sounding scratch.

Here are the following things to add

Deck Common > Move > Size Selector > Direct > Ultra Fine

Deck Common > Move > Move
+Encoder/Reletive
+25% sensitivity
+0% Accel.

Now go to your existing Jog Turn command and adjust to the following
+Encoder/Relative
+75% Sensitivity
+9% Accel.

This sounds VERY close to my S2 in NHL mode and should help you suffering VCI-400 users.
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by DJ Abide
So I was just messing with my S2 in MIDI mode and came across a mapping trick that sounds MUCH better than just a Jog Turn map for you jog wheels to get a better sounding scratch.

+Encoder/Reletive
+25% sensitivity
+0% Accel.

+Encoder/Relative
+75% Sensitivity
+9% Accel.

This sounds VERY close to my S2 in NHL mode and should help you suffering VCI-400 users.
can you actually be more specific of where to find the ***deck common** parts? cuz i cant find it....it is in preferrence menu? is it a mapping add on?
Lashay Walchak

+Encoder/Reletive
+25% sensitivity
+0% Accel.

+Encoder/Relative
+75% Sensitivity
+9% Accel.

Jonie Felgar
I would believe that was waay too fast for vci-400, infact I have mines set to 21 sensitivity w 0% acceleration and it seems slightly too fast atm, about 18 feels like serato intro
Julian Ispas
ahhh i see, i am on 2.2 right now, afraid of upgrading to 2.5 cuz of the horrible overall reviews.

Yes, the command "Jog Turn" is easy to find, however i don't use that command to scratch, i use "Scratch" command.

so i did what you said to my "Scratch" command, and it moves it sooooo fast, where it sounds like your fast forward a track in your regular sony cd walkman. lol
Lashay Walchak
You must be running an older version of Traktor. The "Deck Common" is 2.5 and later. Doesn't matter though, just find Jog Turn it should be in one of the first few tabs or you can alphabetize your commands and find Jog Turn quite easily.
Julian Ispas
ok so **deck common** is in the add in menu *after seraching the internet*....but for some reason....it is not in my add in menu.

http://www.traktorbible.com/articles...mix-decks.aspx

help
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by DJ Abide

+Encoder/Reletive
+25% sensitivity
+0% Accel.

+Encoder/Relative
+75% Sensitivity
+9% Accel.

can you actually be more specific of where to find the ***deck common** parts? cuz i cant find it....it is in preferrence menu? is it a mapping add on?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy