Updating Vestax firmware on a VCI-400 SE ?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Updating Vestax firmware on a VCI-400 SE ?Reply
Updating Vestax firmware on a VCI-400 SE ?
Posted on: 13.11.2012 by Donald Guevremont
Hi,
Starting off with a new PC, I thought I'd get the latest driver before connecting my VCI.
Vestax latest version is 1.52
-Less CPU load when used with PC
-Improved latency settings on PC
-Minor bugs fixed
Sounds good, but according to Vestax website again
The VCI-400 firmware also requires an update to enable the fixes in ASIO driver ver 1.52.
Follow the instructions below to update the VCI-400 ASIO driver and firmware.
Since the VCI-400 SE uses a custom firmware, should I forget about it and stick with the driver from the cd ?
Thanks for your help
Donald Guevremont
Hi,
Starting off with a new PC, I thought I'd get the latest driver before connecting my VCI.
Vestax latest version is 1.52
-Less CPU load when used with PC
-Improved latency settings on PC
-Minor bugs fixed
Sounds good, but according to Vestax website again
The VCI-400 firmware also requires an update to enable the fixes in ASIO driver ver 1.52.
Follow the instructions below to update the VCI-400 ASIO driver and firmware.
Since the VCI-400 SE uses a custom firmware, should I forget about it and stick with the driver from the cd ?
Thanks for your help
Fady Soliman
Yeah everything working fine for me after the upgrade to stand alone mixer. Make sure you install the tsi file twice.
Chun Douthat
I upgraded my firmware to v2 the other day. In fact the MIDI works unchanged (at least I noted no difference until now) but I noted the following differences in audio: (on my Windows 7 64 bit / TPro 2.6)

1. Performance issues:
BEFORE: Sometimes, afer some hours of usage, in particular when i changed the TSI, I had some performance issues (even at 1024 samples with 48kHz with Vestax and/or AsioforAll v2. drivers): after some time uf usage TPs CPU load bar went to the red area and crackls and pops rendered the system unusable --> reboot.
NOW: after the update: The performance issues disappeared so far (knock knock knock on wood)

2. The ability to use 96kHz disappeared from the audio settings menues of either asio drivers (only 44,1 and 48 available) (strange - maybe i did something wrong, but i use now 48kHz without any problems so far)

PS:
I also use Maschine and before strived to link Maschine audio out and TP audio in together with Vrtual Audio Cable (software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm) together with asioforall that allows access to multiple soundcards via one dirver. I had to give up those trials as I experienced problem (1) and i thought it was due to Vac. Now I am trying VAc again and so far it did work fine.... But i have to do more stress tests in the upcoming weeks to really be sure ...
Elmira Billard
I also had an email from product support stating that we can apply the stand alone mixer firmware update to the EGE with no effect on the DJTT fw. Apparently the unit has different firmwares for different areas function.
Look forward to hearing how the driver fw update goes!
Dick Korus
According to them, it should not. Ill give it a go tomorrow evening (pacific standard time) and I'll let you know.
Nicola Oatts
so you can update the firmware on the se and it wont effect anything at all?
Dick Korus
I asked this same question on Facebook to a vestax Vci 400 user group. I had three replies from people with the ege and they said it functioned just fine! I have not done it yet though, so I cannot say first hand that it does, just passing on what others have said.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy