Eq kill switch?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Eq kill switch?Reply
Eq kill switch?
Posted on: 31.12.2012 by Dell Brais
Hi all, new here and just believeing of picking up a vci 400 but noticed the lack of eq kill switched and was wondering if there is any good mapping alternatives for this or if you just live without it. The s4 doesn't have kill switched either which makes me wonder if I should just get better/quicker with the knobs.

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by T.E.O
actually if i hold shift and play with the filter, it actually changes the key knob.
Use the same concept for EQkill. Hold shift+knob to kill / turn knob to unkill.
Olive Flick
Originally Posted by Fraghaggis
Go to Preferences - > Mixer

Then under the EQ Selection - Set it to "Z Iso"

Now when you put an EQ knob all the way to the left you will get a Full 'Kill' on that EQ Channel.
did this and all it does is put whatever EQ knob it is at -100%

Originally Posted by Stewe
Make kill on shift. Hold shift and turn knob to kill frequency and move knob again (no shift) to bring EQ back.
actually if i hold shift and play with the filter, it actually changes the key knob.
Olive Flick
Originally Posted by DJ Barrister
There are no eq kill switches but you CAN fully kill eq in Traktor 2.6 with the EGE.
how do i do this on ege? ive update the firmware to 2.0 and my traktor is at 2.6.
Dell Brais
Hi all, new here and just believeing of picking up a vci 400 but noticed the lack of eq kill switched and was wondering if there is any good mapping alternatives for this or if you just live without it. The s4 doesn't have kill switched either which makes me wonder if I should just get better/quicker with the knobs.

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by T.E.O
Use the same concept for EQkill. Hold shift+knob to kill / turn knob to unkill.
Olive Flick
Originally Posted by Fraghaggis

Now when you put an EQ knob all the way to the left you will get a Full 'Kill' on that EQ Channel.
did this and all it does is put whatever EQ knob it is at -100%

Originally Posted by Stewe
Make kill on shift. Hold shift and turn knob to kill frequency and move knob again (no shift) to bring EQ back.
Kellie Myrum
Julian Ispas
traktor 2.6 allows you to do full kill, if you select "EQ selection" to "Z iso"

its not controller dependence
Wilma Treaster

Olive Flick
Originally Posted by DJ Barrister
There are no eq kill switches but you CAN fully kill eq in Traktor 2.6 with the EGE.
how do i do this on ege? ive update the firmware to 2.0 and my traktor is at 2.6.
Joya Masi

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy