Drink got spilled over our vestax vci 400 unit. The other tempo slider got messed up.

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Drink got spilled over our vestax vci 400 unit. The other tempo slider got messed up.Reply
Drink got spilled over our vestax vci 400 unit. The other tempo slider got messed up.
Posted on: 22.01.2013 by Glendora Enslen
So we can't figure out how to decompose this thing so that we could clean it up. Does anyone know is there any blow-out schematics considering this product? We can't get the upper metal plate off from the body and there is no pics or related information on the internet that could benefit us. Does anyone know how should we proceed in our situation?
Ned Somerset
Originally Posted by Pinto
I had this happen but on my performance grid (of all places right?) any advice on how to clean those buttons out?
Same thing. I would open up your unit and clean the area with 100% isopropyl and let dry. Might affect your warranty though
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by fitzyp
I know how shitty that feeling is seeing liquids flow into your gear.
Familiar feeling... Especially when someone else does it for ya.
Glendora Enslen
So we can't figure out how to decompose this thing so that we could clean it up. Does anyone know is there any blow-out schematics considering this product? We can't get the upper metal plate off from the body and there is no pics or related information on the internet that could benefit us. Does anyone know how should we proceed in our situation?
Ned Somerset
Originally Posted by Pinto
I had this happen but on my performance grid (of all places right?) any advice on how to clean those buttons out?
Same thing. I would open up your unit and clean the area with 100% isopropyl and let dry. Might affect your warranty though
Elidia Petkovich
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by fitzyp
I know how shitty that feeling is seeing liquids flow into your gear.
Familiar feeling... Especially when someone else does it for ya.
Ned Somerset
I had a drink spilt over my vci400ege on new years and I was able to get the faceplate off. Make sure you have all knobs and faders off minus the rotary encoders they can stay on. Make sure all screws and all 4 Hex nuts(on the corners) are removed. I was able to get the face plate off with some patience. I took out all line faders and soaked them in 100percent Isopropyl, let them dry and then I lubed them up with "Caig Deoxit fader lube". I couldn't figure out how to get the pitch faders off though. They seem to be soldered right onto the PCB, so I used a Qtip and some 100%iso and cleaned them the best I could then lubed em up. Everything seems to be working like normal, actually my line faders now feel smoother and uniform. best of luck to ya, I know how shitty that feeling is seeing liquids flow into your gear.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy