VCI not showing up for sound card

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI not showing up for sound cardReply
VCI not showing up for sound card
Posted on: 23.04.2012 by Charmain Liesegang
Not sure why, but the VCI-400 EGE will not show up as a Audio output choice on the MAc Audio/Midi setup and Traktor. Everything was working fine over the weekend's gigs and I didn't change anything.

I have tried to reboot, reload and update firmware..nada.

The controller seems to be responding to fader movements etc via Traktor, but NO sound card output.

Please help.

Thank you

Kit K
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by kamjongill
That quote has nothing to do with the problem lol
Should've quoted you. You said you were getting the feedback out of the 1/4" but not the "balanced out" but you might have not been using TRS 1/4" cables. That's the problem I was trying to address for you. Sorry bout that.
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by itzsaga
Both lines are balanced from what I understand. However, you have to use balanced cables. Balanced 1/4" plugs (TRS) will have 2 rings on them and unbalanced will have one ring.
Charmain Liesegang
Not sure why, but the VCI-400 EGE will not show up as a Audio output choice on the MAc Audio/Midi setup and Traktor. Everything was working fine over the weekend's gigs and I didn't change anything.

I have tried to reboot, reload and update firmware..nada.

The controller seems to be responding to fader movements etc via Traktor, but NO sound card output.

Please help.

Thank you

Kit K
King Mascarinas
I am having the same problem with my ean golden edition. It works as a controller but does not show up as a sound card neither in Traktor nor system sound settings. I have tried different cables, rebooting countless times, different versions of Traktor, and even going back and forth between mac and windows.
This thing is completely useless to me without the soundcard working, I hope someone figures this out!
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by kamjongill
Should've quoted you. You said you were getting the feedback out of the 1/4" but not the "balanced out" but you might have not been using TRS 1/4" cables. That's the problem I was trying to address for you. Sorry bout that.
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by itzsaga
Both lines are balanced from what I understand. However, you have to use balanced cables. Balanced 1/4" plugs (TRS) will have 2 rings on them and unbalanced will have one ring.
Bessie Larr
Carey Leid
That is strange, hmm, idk, I would call DJTT and ask them about it.
Charmain Liesegang
Full.
Carey Leid
Are you running a cracked version of TP2 or a Full version you bought?
Charmain Liesegang
I've got it working again, but have to reload stuff EVERY time!!
Carey Leid
Yo audionaut, I've had the same problem.

1) Did you download the new mapping for the EGE, that did the trick for me, because before, my Traktor would work with the EGE perfect one day, then not recognize it the next. So, I had to reinstall 2.1.2 every time. Also I picked up a DJTT cable, don't know if that means anything, but since I've gotten it, it hasn't happened.

2) I do get a feedback when my VCI is plugged in through the 1/4 to my PA. Using the "balanced out" seemed to do the trick.

Hope that helps!
Charmain Liesegang
After a 3rd reboot it showed up.
Question. When the VCI is hooked up to a PA should there be ANY noise at all?
I have noise coming through the signal with out any music being played.

Just seems like it should be silent.
Nedra Fresneda
Tried using a different cable/port and reinstalling drivers? repairing disk permissions help on some occasions.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy