Regular VCI 400 Pitch fader issue

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Regular VCI 400 Pitch fader issueReply
Regular VCI 400 Pitch fader issue
Posted on: 01.02.2013 by Dayna Auckerman
JUst recently purchased a vci 400, after searching the net for hours on end im still struggling to work out how to make the pitch faders move by 0.01bpm as currently they are useless and only jump in big gap for instance 122.00 to 122.46 which is of no use at all as theres no real accurate way to change the temp of a track

any help would be greatly appreciated
Fady Soliman
Originally Posted by Elu5ive
Hey groovemixer,

Is there any chance you could elaborate on how you managed to map the encoders to fine tune the pitch, I am struggling to get it to work.
What did you do? I actually went back to Flashflooders settings. Using Shift + Tempo fader for rough and then just the Tempo fader for fine tuning. I also have one of the rotory knobs set to .01 bpm for that extra fine tuning!

I was finding the tempo moving on it's own how I had it set up. I'm guessing when adjusting the fader sometimes it was on the boarder line of the next increment and then would change on its own. Now the tempo fader is set fine that if it does move one increment over it wont make a big difference.
Dayna Auckerman
Originally Posted by sev
why do you need it so tight anyway? are you creating really long drawn out transitions?
I often play back to back with other djs, so they'll be using CDJ's or a controller through mixer and i'll be going into that mixer so beat matching with these faders isn't the best when trying match up BPM's with someone else

cheers for replying so far
Dayna Auckerman
Originally Posted by sev
I believe there is a map in the midimaps tab, which uses one of the endless encoders as a "fine tune".
I can't remember the name of the mapping though, sorry
is there no way of just altering the sensitivity of the pitch fader :/ dont really fancy having to use one of the endless encoders all the time
Dayna Auckerman
JUst recently purchased a vci 400, after searching the net for hours on end im still struggling to work out how to make the pitch faders move by 0.01bpm as currently they are useless and only jump in big gap for instance 122.00 to 122.46 which is of no use at all as theres no real accurate way to change the temp of a track

any help would be greatly appreciated
Rosie Goeltz
Yes that's exactly what I've ended up with, It was setting up the rotary encoder that was flummoxing me!! It's great having that extra fine control over the pitch.
Fady Soliman
Originally Posted by Elu5ive
Hey groovemixer,

Is there any chance you could elaborate on how you managed to map the encoders to fine tune the pitch, I am struggling to get it to work.
What did you do? I actually went back to Flashflooders settings. Using Shift + Tempo fader for rough and then just the Tempo fader for fine tuning. I also have one of the rotory knobs set to .01 bpm for that extra fine tuning!

I was finding the tempo moving on it's own how I had it set up. I'm guessing when adjusting the fader sometimes it was on the boarder line of the next increment and then would change on its own. Now the tempo fader is set fine that if it does move one increment over it wont make a big difference.
Rosie Goeltz
Scrap that last question, I've sussed it out, works like a charm
Rosie Goeltz
Hey groovemixer,

Mathilda Loeffel
I set mine to +-6% which made it a little finer as well. I guess instead of a fine resolution knob you can map a button to toggle the pitch raders range? Not sure if that's doable though.
Julian Ispas
yup groove mixer is right...the best we can do is 0.07 it is because i believe somewhere i found that vci's 400 tempo faders are not high resolution ones. so it is impossible to get it 0.01 increments (atleast at the moment)

so when u mix in with someone else, when ur about .1 or .2 away from there CDJ then thats good enough. you can do it, i do it all the time. add in some effects on the djm, switch the bass, bammm your in. easy.
Fady Soliman
yeah the best you can get the faders is to about .07. The midi mapping is a bit strange as the fader will give two codes when you map it and if you move the fader too fast when your programming the midi code will map to only one and you wont get the finer setting but something like .12

What I did was map the encoders right next to the tempo faders to control the fine pitch to .01

So I do quick adjusting with the faders then do the fine with the knobs, works great! I do everything by ear old school way, don't even have the bpm's showing, just the way I like it.
Dayna Auckerman
Originally Posted by sev
why do you need it so tight anyway? are you creating really long drawn out transitions?
I often play back to back with other djs, so they'll be using CDJ's or a controller through mixer and i'll be going into that mixer so beat matching with these faders isn't the best when trying match up BPM's with someone else

cheers for replying so far
Ulysses Okelly
Dayna Auckerman
Originally Posted by sev
I believe there is a map in the midimaps tab, which uses one of the endless encoders as a "fine tune".
is there no way of just altering the sensitivity of the pitch fader :/ dont really fancy having to use one of the endless encoders all the time
Ulysses Okelly

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy