Can I set the VCI to always be in CDJ mode (Jog mode) and re-map the Scratch button?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Can I set the VCI to always be in CDJ mode (Jog mode) and re-map the Scratch button?Reply
Can I set the VCI to always be in CDJ mode (Jog mode) and re-map the Scratch button?
Posted on: 27.09.2011 by Eden Sechelski
I never use scratch mode. Every time I turn on my VCI, I have to press the scratch button and deactivate scratch mode to switch to CDJ mode. How can I set my VCI up to NEVER use scratch mode, so that I can use this button for something else?
Eden Sechelski
I never use scratch mode. Every time I turn on my VCI, I have to press the scratch button and deactivate scratch mode to switch to CDJ mode. How can I set my VCI up to NEVER use scratch mode, so that I can use this button for something else?
Eden Sechelski
The fact that the scratch button's LED is the only one that is responsive when Traktor has been closed down is a clue that maybe the scratch/jog toggle function is hard-wired into the VCI.
Laquita Cofsky
I believe the scratch button would be a modifier. So if you find it in the mapping and then find every function it effects, you could reverse the modifier condition (ie. If it did something with the modifier value=0, change it to do it when the value=1)

That's my understanding of it, I'm no mapping genius though. To be honest I'd like to change it to not start in scratch, but I can't be fucked.

Let us know how ya go.
Meg Reinoehl
Without having my VCI in front of me to try this, this is all I can believe of... go to Preferences > Transport and set the Key Lock mode from Scratch to Normal.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy