Weird VCI LED behavior

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Weird VCI LED behaviorReply
Weird VCI LED behavior
Posted on: 01.10.2011 by Mayra Depasse
Hey folks,
i have a black VCI 100 with FW 1.4. I flashed it myself a few months ago and everything worked fine. I was really happy with it.

As I'm currently on a break from school I decided to take the VCI with me when I'm going home to my parents. Said and done. Packed it in my suitcase (which was full of clothes, so the VCI should've had a comfy train ride).
6hrs later I unpacked it, plugged it in and...horror!! When I press a button some random LED lights up, but rarely the one of the button pressed. Some don't light up at all. It's really erratic. For example, when I press the left cue button the left sync button lights up. Same goes for a lot of other buttons.
The controls still work fine though which is really weird. I could still play a set, without any meaningful LED feedback though

I tried everything, restarted my computer and the VCI, re-imported the mapping, used a different USB cable...etc. I even opened up the VCI to check for visible damage or loose cables...but didn't notice anything.

I thought of reflashing the fw, but I don't have the kit with me.

Does anyone have any good advice?

Thanks in advance!
Mayra Depasse
Thanks for your help. I decided to check again and found the problem.
The knob for the crossfader curve was bent a little towards the inside. I guess since it's sticking out it must've gotten a slight bump while in the suitcase.
So I bent it back...like not even a millimeter...and voil
Mayra Depasse
The knob for the crossfader curve was bent a little towards the inside. I guess since it's sticking out it must've gotten a slight bump while in the suitcase.
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Mayra Depasse
Hey folks,
i have a black VCI 100 with FW 1.4. I flashed it myself a few months ago and everything worked fine. I was really happy with it.

As I'm currently on a break from school I decided to take the VCI with me when I'm going home to my parents. Said and done. Packed it in my suitcase (which was full of clothes, so the VCI should've had a comfy train ride).
6hrs later I unpacked it, plugged it in and...horror!! When I press a button some random LED lights up, but rarely the one of the button pressed. Some don't light up at all. It's really erratic. For example, when I press the left cue button the left sync button lights up. Same goes for a lot of other buttons.
The controls still work fine though which is really weird. I could still play a set, without any meaningful LED feedback though

I tried everything, restarted my computer and the VCI, re-imported the mapping, used a different USB cable...etc. I even opened up the VCI to check for visible damage or loose cables...but didn't notice anything.

I thought of reflashing the fw, but I don't have the kit with me.

Does anyone have any good advice?

Thanks in advance!
Mayra Depasse
Lanny Vanosten
I had bought a vci-100 a while back from a guy with a similar problem.
After I opened it up, I discovered he had put back some screws that were slightly longer (in the faders) and switched them with jog wheel (shorter screws). The longer screws 'shorted' some of the internal components and caused eratic behavior. Sometimes LEDs only, sometimes midi notes, or a combination of both. The screws were screwed in just 'like a hair' away from adjoining components and sometimes caused the eratic behaviour and sometimes not.
May be a long shot, but check the screws....maybe..... it could be that after the unit's travel, there may be a short?

My experience anyway.....Good luck.

BC

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy