upgrading firmware questions?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: upgrading firmware questions?Reply
upgrading firmware questions?
Posted on: 25.09.2011 by Elida Vencil
Hey all, im planning to buy a vci but i really want to get a good one and upgrade to the latest firmware (1.4 i believe it is). But i have a bunch of questions that i asked a month or so ago in this thread

For instace, can the VCI-100 MKII or the VCI-300/300MKII be upgraded the same way and will it function the same way, or am i better off just getting a basic VCI-100 and upgrading it for simpliciities (and moneys) sake.

also in the video is says not to use usb to serial, it says use serial to serial instead. where do i plut the serial port into my computer and where do i plug it into the vci?

Can you guys please help a complete noob trying to get into mixing with Vestax VCI controllers?

thanks!
Elida Vencil
Hey all, im planning to buy a vci but i really want to get a good one and upgrade to the latest firmware (1.4 i believe it is). But i have a bunch of questions that i asked a month or so ago in this thread

For instace, can the VCI-100 MKII or the VCI-300/300MKII be upgraded the same way and will it function the same way, or am i better off just getting a basic VCI-100 and upgrading it for simpliciities (and moneys) sake.

also in the video is says not to use usb to serial, it says use serial to serial instead. where do i plut the serial port into my computer and where do i plug it into the vci?

Can you guys please help a complete noob trying to get into mixing with Vestax VCI controllers?

thanks!
Shizuko Alea
If you get an SE from the site here then its ships w/ 1.4FW already. If you get one from else where, whether SE or not, then you more than likely will have to update the FW unless the seller says that its 1.4.

I used a USB to Serial cable when I updated mine from 1.2 to 1.4. I read every post in the community on how to upgrade (there is a dedicated post) and followed the video and advice to the letter. I didnt rush or take short cuts. I had no issues what so ever in the upgrade.

As far as the black case, you can always get a black overlay from the DJTT store and put it on the silver face (i did that) and it looks legit!
Elida Vencil
i have traktor pro already. And i really like the VCI100 because it has had such a following (with so many mods and such) but would the S2 be better for me? I don't want to spend too much money, and i really have come to like the vci100.
Leeanna Ayla
I would seriously take a look at the S2 coming out next month. If you don't already have Traktor it comes with the S2 so you can ultimately take $200 off the price. If you're on a budget though the VCI-100 is an excellent controller.
Elida Vencil
What are your opinions on the vci100se? Is it worth it if I'm planning on upgrading to 1.4 anyway? How else is it different (besides the black casing)?
robin loo
i had a vci100 for some time and would buy one again in no time.. best controller out there (in this price range)
Elida Vencil
I saw that video before and that's where my question about the serial port came up, are u sure i cant use USB? I mean, if I have to I will find a computer with a serial port but I would rather do it on my own laptop. So the vci 100 is the way to go since no others can upgrade their firmware. i was also considering getting an se edition because I really prefer the black case.
Leeanna Ayla
It's not that you can't use USB to serial it's just that a lot of the problems people encouter are because of that. For what it's worth I used USB to serial on my mac to upgrade in windows bootcamp.

Pretty good deal on a VCI arcade just got approved.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=37482
robin loo
vci 300 cannot be flashed, neither does the vci100 mkII (i believe)..

you need to have a pretty old PC cause nowadays none has a serial port. you have to get hold of a firmwarekit, which you put on the vcis PCB and the other end of the serial cable into that..

pretty good explained here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy