Mapping LEDs - which notes?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Mapping LEDs - which notes?Reply
Mapping LEDs - which notes?
Posted on: 19.10.2011 by Laquita Cofsky
I've been trying some mapping of my own, but I've hit a brick wall with the LEDs. How are you supposed to know which note applies to which light? Without a learn button the only way I can believe of is by loading a different mapping and getting it from there.

Is there a diagram or something out there?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search.

**Edit - also, rather than starting a new thread, is it possible to map something on the keyboard to sort the browser by key?
Samual Ogura
Originally Posted by Dr Draught
So if I sort my entire track collection by key, then when I open one of up my other bins (these are separate folders on my HD, not a playlist) it will pull the tracks out of the track collection in the order that I just sorted them into?
Not sure I completely follow you, but if you wanted to sort your entire collection by key, you would need to make a playlist that included the entire collection, then make it a favorites bin. The sort field will not carry over to other bins, or your main collection- just the bin you changed the sort field for. Does that make sense?
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by DJ_dB
As for the KB mapping, there is no command to "sort", but there is always a way around that. If you save a playlist that includes your entire collection to a favorites bin, that bin will remember your sort preferences. So if you sort that bin by Key, you can create a mapping command for Browser>Favorites Select...assign as direct button to whichever favorites bin you are using.
Hope that helps!

So if I sort my entire track collection by key, then when I open one of up my other bins (these are separate folders on my HD, not a playlist) it will pull the tracks out of the track collection in the order that I just sorted them into?

And thanks for the manual too. Now I've got no excuses not to get LEDs mapped.
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by BradCee
Led outs are same as button ins on vci
Ah sweet, that makes it easy.
Laquita Cofsky
I've been trying some mapping of my own, but I've hit a brick wall with the LEDs. How are you supposed to know which note applies to which light? Without a learn button the only way I can believe of is by loading a different mapping and getting it from there.

Is there a diagram or something out there?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search.

**Edit - also, rather than starting a new thread, is it possible to map something on the keyboard to sort the browser by key?
Laquita Cofsky
Cool thanks. My problem was that I was using actual windows folders instead of playlists.
Samual Ogura
Originally Posted by Dr Draught
Not sure I completely follow you, but if you wanted to sort your entire collection by key, you would need to make a playlist that included the entire collection, then make it a favorites bin. The sort field will not carry over to other bins, or your main collection- just the bin you changed the sort field for. Does that make sense?
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by DJ_dB
As for the KB mapping, there is no command to "sort", but there is always a way around that. If you save a playlist that includes your entire collection to a favorites bin, that bin will remember your sort preferences. So if you sort that bin by Key, you can create a mapping command for Browser>Favorites Select...assign as direct button to whichever favorites bin you are using.
Hope that helps!

And thanks for the manual too. Now I've got no excuses not to get LEDs mapped.
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by BradCee
Ah sweet, that makes it easy.
Dorcas Bassignani
Samual Ogura
http://www.audiomaster.cz/download/t...stax/v008m.pdf
p 12&13

I will warn you that if you haven't upgraded to the DJTT Firmware, you will have some buttons in the effects section that share the same mapping as the "effects" in the mixer section.

The catch, of course, is that Traktor does not remember the sort fields between usages, so you would have to reapply the sorting within the playlist favorite upon each startup. Small price to pay if you use this feature a lot (which I'm assuming you do, since you want in on it's own button. haha)

Hope that helps!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy