My First Set-Up (would love some advice)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: My First Set-Up (would love some advice)Reply
My First Set-Up (would love some advice)
Posted on: 07.01.2012 by Wilford Dicosola
So basically I am new to this whole scene. After hours browsing through this site, i am a lot more confident that with time and work I can be a quality DJ too. I wanna start off by thanking you guys for having so many resources available to beginner djs.

So after hours of research, I purchased a vestax vci-100, and a midi-fighter classic off your b/s/t community s. I also went and purchased a m-audio FireWire solo. I have a 13"MacBook pro with only 2 USB ports so I figured it would be a smart idea to go with FireWire. I plan on purchasing arcade buttons to install, as well as the se overlay. I do not know what firmware the vci is as I just purchased it today. Still waiting on it in the mail. The seller threw in traktor scratch pro 2, which is the program I was hoping to learn. I was planning on using my Logitech x-540 speakers as my temporary monitor.

Now my questions are:

Is there anything else I should purchase?

What would be the best firmware to use?

What is a good set of headphones to start off with? Under $150.

Are there any books I should read?

What mapping should I use with this set up?

Should I get actual monitors soon? I'll be spinning in my bedroom.

Is there any advice anyone has. I'd love to learn so anything would help.

Thanks
Penni Cartier
I would say play around with it until you reach a point where your VCI 100 has it
Penni Cartier
I would say play around with it until you reach a point where your VCI 100 has it
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Penni Cartier
Wilford Dicosola
So basically I am new to this whole scene. After hours browsing through this site, i am a lot more confident that with time and work I can be a quality DJ too. I wanna start off by thanking you guys for having so many resources available to beginner djs.

So after hours of research, I purchased a vestax vci-100, and a midi-fighter classic off your b/s/t community s. I also went and purchased a m-audio FireWire solo. I have a 13"MacBook pro with only 2 USB ports so I figured it would be a smart idea to go with FireWire. I plan on purchasing arcade buttons to install, as well as the se overlay. I do not know what firmware the vci is as I just purchased it today. Still waiting on it in the mail. The seller threw in traktor scratch pro 2, which is the program I was hoping to learn. I was planning on using my Logitech x-540 speakers as my temporary monitor.

Now my questions are:

Is there anything else I should purchase?

What would be the best firmware to use?

What is a good set of headphones to start off with? Under $150.

Are there any books I should read?

What mapping should I use with this set up?

Should I get actual monitors soon? I'll be spinning in my bedroom.

Is there any advice anyone has. I'd love to learn so anything would help.

Thanks
Penni Cartier
Wilford Dicosola
Anything guys?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy