Using Midi Fighter + Ableton + Traktor

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Using Midi Fighter + Ableton + TraktorReply
Using Midi Fighter + Ableton + Traktor
Posted on: 11.04.2012 by Sha Kempner
Is it possible to use a Midi Fighter to simultaneously control f/x etc in Traktor as well as something like sample-triggering in Ableton? I don't own a MF but am definitely planning on purchasing a 3D. However, I'd like to know if it's possible to control f/x in Traktor then use a 'shift' or something to switch control so I can manually play a beat with one-shot samples in Ableton. Is that possible or am I crazy? Thanks!
Sha Kempner
Is it possible to use a Midi Fighter to simultaneously control f/x etc in Traktor as well as something like sample-triggering in Ableton? I don't own a MF but am definitely planning on purchasing a 3D. However, I'd like to know if it's possible to control f/x in Traktor then use a 'shift' or something to switch control so I can manually play a beat with one-shot samples in Ableton. Is that possible or am I crazy? Thanks!
Kandi Odom
Totally!!! if you use the MF in 4 banks mode just use 1-2 for traktor and the other one for ableton!!!!
Era Roka
yhea just start them both up and it ill work
Lashonda Corris
TO ADD: it can be done found this 2 part tutorial on youtube haven't got it to work yet im working on it but this is for windows ...
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2SU...ature=youtu.be

Part 2:

im using this to set up a 3 deck control on the MF with able ton firing bongo samples , so using the MF in 4 banks mode allow can this
Sha Kempner
Ok, cool thanks! I'll probably purchase a midi fighter and just use it to control Ableton then. Thanks for the insight!!!
Fidelia Messing
this might actually be possible, if you can map the midi fighter in some sort of midi mode (like in the S2) i dont have a midi fighter so cant try it but if you get it sending basic CC messages then it should be possible. however i dont believe modifiers will work in Ableton live...
Fidelia Messing
don't believe that they will like to share the same controller. i doubt the one program will recognize what state the controller is in with reference to the other program.
I had trouble with this with a korg nanopad and have not gone back to look or a solution yet.
Sammie Okeeffe
with the update of traktor to 2.5 you can play all the one shots and loops you want without having to open ableton

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy