MF3D Not Working - defective units?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF3D Not Working - defective units?Reply
MF3D Not Working - defective units?
Posted on: 16.08.2012 by Imelda Basaldua
Hey everyone - I received my MF3D 4 days ago and followed the set up instructions on the site. I installed the utility app for my mac and updated the firmare. Then followed the instructions to download the mapping of DJTT mappings page.

I downloaded the DeckGratMotion mapping (even tried the newest version 1.1.2 that came out today) and installed just as the video on the on DJTT says to do. I'm running Traktor Pro 2.5 on my macbook.

THE PROBLEM:
My problem is that other then playing and stopping the song and the filter with the left and right lean none of the other buttons work as their supposed to. When i use any of the buttons on the bottom 3 rows all they do is set loops on Deck B. Even if my deck focus is on A, C, & D. Basically the thing is only good to play pause and filter. It's killing me! I went back and checked the utility and it says that my firmware is not up to date. I've updated my firmware 10 times now and no luck. I don't want to go as far and say that I've got a malfunctioning/defective unit since I'm not the most advanced user but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone have any suggestions. I would really love to get this thing working but if it's a defective unit I'd like to exchange it.
Imelda Basaldua
Originally Posted by johnyfav
I believe I had something like this.. I changed the mf3d mode in the utility (4 deck something hold) and then I had to set the deck focus to software in the traktor settings...
Thanks for replying. I've set the mode to "four banks disabled hold" already. How do you change the deck focus to software? The only thing in the settings that seems to resemble that is the "device target" setting and i have that set to "focus". The other options there are deck A, Deck B, deck C and deck D.
Imelda Basaldua
Hey everyone - I received my MF3D 4 days ago and followed the set up instructions on the site. I installed the utility app for my mac and updated the firmare. Then followed the instructions to download the mapping of DJTT mappings page.

I downloaded the DeckGratMotion mapping (even tried the newest version 1.1.2 that came out today) and installed just as the video on the on DJTT says to do. I'm running Traktor Pro 2.5 on my macbook.

THE PROBLEM:
My problem is that other then playing and stopping the song and the filter with the left and right lean none of the other buttons work as their supposed to. When i use any of the buttons on the bottom 3 rows all they do is set loops on Deck B. Even if my deck focus is on A, C, & D. Basically the thing is only good to play pause and filter. It's killing me! I went back and checked the utility and it says that my firmware is not up to date. I've updated my firmware 10 times now and no luck. I don't want to go as far and say that I've got a malfunctioning/defective unit since I'm not the most advanced user but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone have any suggestions. I would really love to get this thing working but if it's a defective unit I'd like to exchange it.
Louis Canton
Hey Jester.NZ

Cheers mate you've fixed my problem of not being able to get the effects working on all decks.
I had a couple too many beers while setting up yesterday evening and was completely overlooking that setting and not sending it to the midi fighter. At least thats what i believe i messed up. anyway thats working now. was just one of those brain dead moments haha.

How ever i'm still having that slight issue with the firmware saying that its out of date. Its not causing me any grief right now so i'll just leave it as long as mf3d still stays stable.
Imelda Basaldua
Jester.NZ,

I've had it set in "4 banks disabled hold" the whole time. Even tried the other two modes but no luck. I've tried other mappings as well and still doesn't work. I've done everything as instructed by the DJTT website and Midi Fighter site but I can't get it to work.

I've tried calling the 1 877 tech support number every day this week to try and get some live help but no every time i call there is no answer.
Latoria Kavulich
Guys if you use the deckGratmotion mapping you need to change the banks mode to "4 banks disabled hold" in the utility otherwise you cant use this mapping.
Louis Canton
Marky,
Until now i've had everything running seamlessly. But toevening shit hit the fan as soon as i tried updating the firmware which failed ( a little error message popped up saying that it was unable to flash and for me to grab the the log file for support reasons which it wont let me do). It doesn't matter how many times i run update firmware it still says theres new firmware available just like you. However i'm running windows you're on a mac.

I've also downloaded the latest DeckGratMotion mapping which is version 1.1.2.
I have Everything setup the way it needs to be. Four banks enabled in the utility, The proper in and out ports selected for the device in the controller manager as well as hardware selected under deck focus in global settings.

The main problem i'm having is that i'll have a track playing in deck a and b. i'm able to trigger effects on deck a but when i go to do the same on deck b nothing happens.

Can anyone please help me out with a solution? is it possible to revert back to a previous firmware version as doing a factory reset has done nothing.

Cheers.
Imelda Basaldua
Originally Posted by johnyfav
I believe I had something like this.. I changed the mf3d mode in the utility (4 deck something hold) and then I had to set the deck focus to software in the traktor settings...
Thanks for replying. I've set the mode to "four banks disabled hold" already. How do you change the deck focus to software? The only thing in the settings that seems to resemble that is the "device target" setting and i have that set to "focus". The other options there are deck A, Deck B, deck C and deck D.
Maribeth Tidler

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy