Midi Fighter Classic Mods

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Classic ModsReply
Midi Fighter Classic Mods
Posted on: 28.07.2012 by Loretta Lofland
So I'm a noob with the Midi Fighter. I'm slowly becoming more of an electronics guy, and I am modding my midi fighter. I plan on adding a jack so I can plug an assortment of different unique switches to my device. I want to start out with only one, and I will expand as I see fit. All I need to know is, to trigger a signal in a digital switch, do I close the circuit between the 5V pin and the digital pin? or between the digital pin and the ground?

Cheers,

Twinrova
Maisha Lutcher
Originally Posted by Barnesor
Midi Fighter provides for esteemed way of entertainment especially its Battlefield 3 version.
This mod of game leads you to real like indulgence in characters. It is equipped with characteristic of multiplayer system.
Are you in the right place?
Loretta Lofland
Originally Posted by midifidler
Best practice is to close the circuit between the digital pin and ground.

Think of it like this, generally when wiring a switch to a micro pin, or DIY MIDI board you would fit a resistor from that pin to 5V.
On the Midi Fighter this is already done inside the micro, this resistor provides a weak "Pull Up" pulling the voltage on the pin up to 5V.

The switch which has very little resistance provides a strong "Pull Down" when closed, overcoming the weak pull up of the resistor and pulling the pin to 0V.

You can wire it in reverse and it will still work, ie resistor to gnd and switch to 5V, but unless you are writing your own firmware you will get an inverted switch action.
I give you great thanks. Works perfectly.
Loretta Lofland
So I'm a noob with the Midi Fighter. I'm slowly becoming more of an electronics guy, and I am modding my midi fighter. I plan on adding a jack so I can plug an assortment of different unique switches to my device. I want to start out with only one, and I will expand as I see fit. All I need to know is, to trigger a signal in a digital switch, do I close the circuit between the 5V pin and the digital pin? or between the digital pin and the ground?

Cheers,

Twinrova
Maisha Lutcher
Originally Posted by Barnesor
Midi Fighter provides for esteemed way of entertainment especially its Battlefield 3 version.
This mod of game leads you to real like indulgence in characters. It is equipped with characteristic of multiplayer system.
Are you in the right place?
Cole Pantzer
Adolf Hit
No problem!
Loretta Lofland
Originally Posted by midifidler

Think of it like this, generally when wiring a switch to a micro pin, or DIY MIDI board you would fit a resistor from that pin to 5V.
On the Midi Fighter this is already done inside the micro, this resistor provides a weak "Pull Up" pulling the voltage on the pin up to 5V.

The switch which has very little resistance provides a strong "Pull Down" when closed, overcoming the weak pull up of the resistor and pulling the pin to 0V.

You can wire it in reverse and it will still work, ie resistor to gnd and switch to 5V, but unless you are writing your own firmware you will get an inverted switch action.
I give you great thanks. Works perfectly.
Adolf Hit

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy