Midi Fighter question...

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter question...Reply
Midi Fighter question...
Posted on: 25.08.2012 by Teresia Janusch
Does it only have a USB socket, or has it got the standard 5 pin din midi out socket too? Id quite like to add one to my rig, but i dont like the idea of adding a USB hub...ive a 13' MBP with only 2 USB ports, one for my Xone 1D and the other for DJM900.

Also if i did end up going down the hub route, id prefer a passive one...has anyone any experience using a midi fighter (classic or 3d) and another controller on one unpowered hub? The Xone 1D only has 4 LEDs and the way i have it mapped, they represent the deck in focus, so only 1 is on at a time.
Teresia Janusch
Does it only have a USB socket, or has it got the standard 5 pin din midi out socket too? Id quite like to add one to my rig, but i dont like the idea of adding a USB hub...ive a 13' MBP with only 2 USB ports, one for my Xone 1D and the other for DJM900.

Also if i did end up going down the hub route, id prefer a passive one...has anyone any experience using a midi fighter (classic or 3d) and another controller on one unpowered hub? The Xone 1D only has 4 LEDs and the way i have it mapped, they represent the deck in focus, so only 1 is on at a time.
Teresia Janusch
im reluctant to go down the powered hub route, as a gigging DJ this is a potential point of failure...if the hub was to die, id sacrifice the MF and stick with my Xone 1d as all my transport controls and effects are mapped to it...
Adolf Hit
Hey guys!

You are correct the 3D is USB only, and requires a full powered USB port to function.

The classic will work fine with an un-powered USB hub, however due to code space restrictions and the USB controller used it is impossible for us to add remix deck functionality to the classic.

Best Regards,

Michael.
Teresia Janusch
Ok cool, might just take a punt with the 3d then...
Katelyn Hoctor
as far as i no the classic is purely midi but with programming knowledge is possible to redesign the firmware for HID which is how the 3d works for remix deck control and has a switch back to midi for effect control but midifidler said that switch over isnt possible to create on the MFC or pro board
Teresia Janusch
related question, will the classic work with the TSP remix decks like the 3d will? if so, im just gonna buy one and see if it will work on a non-powered hub
Teresia Janusch
Aww that sucks...my studio gear is all via the traditional din socket so im well used to looping that (ive my 900 mapped and connected via the 1D) i see the classic mf has no leds, so maybe it should be easier on the power levels
Latoria Kavulich
They just have the standard usb b socket mate. i use the 3D through hub, powered though.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy