MIDI Fighter Classic - Hardware Issue

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDI Fighter Classic - Hardware IssueReply
MIDI Fighter Classic - Hardware Issue
Posted on: 29.09.2012 by Twana Stancell
My trusty MIDI fighter classic seems to be dying a slow painful death and I would like to know if any of you have any ideas about how I can repair it and if the parts are out there for me to fix it.

The issue is the USB port. When I touch the USB cable ever so slightly, it disconnects briefly and restarts the MIDI fighter. The port is now becoming so sensitive, that if I hit one of the buttons too hard or really get in to a combo, it will vibrate it enough to cause a disconnection.

So really what I'm wondering is if I can replace or repair the USB port on it, or if I have to get a new motherboard for it?
Twana Stancell
My trusty MIDI fighter classic seems to be dying a slow painful death and I would like to know if any of you have any ideas about how I can repair it and if the parts are out there for me to fix it.

The issue is the USB port. When I touch the USB cable ever so slightly, it disconnects briefly and restarts the MIDI fighter. The port is now becoming so sensitive, that if I hit one of the buttons too hard or really get in to a combo, it will vibrate it enough to cause a disconnection.

So really what I'm wondering is if I can replace or repair the USB port on it, or if I have to get a new motherboard for it?
Adolf Hit
no cost to you as long as you are in the US.

Just log a support ticket explaining that the USB port needs replacing and one of our support staff will send you a UPS return ticket.

It will likely take 5 - 10 working days to turn around
Twana Stancell
Yep, I'm in the US, what is the process for repair and return?

I would much rather have you guys do it if the cost is reasonable.

THANKS!!!!
Adolf Hit
Hey Busy Brain!

Are you in the US, if you are you could return it for a free service.

If not I would recommend finding a friend who can do basic soldering and replacing the port yourself.

Here is a link to the part we use

TYCO TYPE B USB CONNECTOR
Kellie Myrum
I would check if one of port"s "legs" are cut. Push port a little to the board and try to re-solider all connections or in case that issue is only one connection then try to get it connect by solidering peace of wire like from LED diodes. If any of legs are broken from root then you need to replace new port and if that doesn't work you must get new board.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy