HELP!!! new to the MF

HELP!!! new to the MF
Posted on: 02.09.2012 by Tangela Braner
hello guys im new to the Midifighter world here.. sooo i need some help here please!!
im useing a MF classic with my s2. soo this is whats wrong and i cant seem to fix it.. i downloaded the Instant Gratification mapping right and i installed it to traktor. but what happens is the top 4 buttons the ones where it should let you pick deck a,b,c and d dont work. all the buttons under work fine but only on deck A??? now being that the top 4 buttons dont work i cant switch over to deck b, soo nothing works when im on deck b.BUT when im on deck B the top 4 buttons work now, but there doing that the bottem 4 buttons are supposed to be doing. could any one help me out!! im ripping my hair out over this!-___-

thank you!!
Tangela Braner
i dont see where you can change it to internal???
check it
Picture 1.jpg
Tangela Braner
hello guys im new to the Midifighter world here.. sooo i need some help here please!!
im useing a MF classic with my s2. soo this is whats wrong and i cant seem to fix it.. i downloaded the Instant Gratification mapping right and i installed it to traktor. but what happens is the top 4 buttons the ones where it should let you pick deck a,b,c and d dont work. all the buttons under work fine but only on deck A??? now being that the top 4 buttons dont work i cant switch over to deck b, soo nothing works when im on deck b.BUT when im on deck B the top 4 buttons work now, but there doing that the bottem 4 buttons are supposed to be doing. could any one help me out!! im ripping my hair out over this!-___-

thank you!!
Debora Wassink
Perhaps you will have better luck following this guide if you havent tried it: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-fighter-setup/#menumode

In this guide you will also find the midifighter utility for windows. XP doesnt work because USB connections sucked back when windows xp was made. However the utility should be found at this page its a familiar .exe file pleasing to all windows users Godspeed, i just got my midifighter, so im working this out as i go.

Also your firewall will try to block the utility so make sure you accept to install (contradicting the OS recommendation).
Debora Wassink
nah man. I believe .pkg are mac/apple files only, dont believe they can be used on windows. Dont believe there is converter software for this one.
Adolf Hit
What OS are you using?

The utility needs OSX 10.6 or better or windows Vista and newer.

Windows XP and OSX 10.5 are not supported.
Tangela Braner
omg thank you!!
but i downloaded it right and every time i try to pop it open a screen comes up saying
that the application mf_utility quit unexpectedly and tells me to relaunch it and i click relaunch and the same window keeps comming up?? any idea why???
i even tried to re download it????
Adolf Hit
Jav, that is the Traktor Settings dialog.

You need to download and use the Midi Fighter Utility available here
Tangela Braner
i dont see where you can change it to internal???
check it
Picture 1.jpg
Adolf Hit
Hi Jav the Kid

You need to have the midi fighter in four banks mode.

To do this download and install the utility, connect the Midi Fighter and then launch the utility.

Look for the option Four Bank Mode, change this from Disabled to Internal, then click "Send to Midi Fighter".

Once this is done quit the utility and you should be able to change decks in Traktor.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy