New Midifighter IG Beatmasher Combo Mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midifighter IG Beatmasher Combo MappingReply
New Midifighter IG Beatmasher Combo Mapping
Posted on: 13.03.2012 by Sarai Suchman
Okay guys,

finally done with my Beatmasher mapping and i used in on 2 gigs over the weekend with no problems at all. There is still an LED glitch but it doesnt affect the mapping in anyways.

Okay so what i have done:

This mapping requires 4 banks mode.
The top 4 are Deck select...this also affects the deck select for the faders. The hold Effect ability has not been changed so it should still work on all the decks (use an effect and press the deck you are on to hold the effect)

As well I have made it so when you hit the deck select it will change all the preset effects to Instant Gratification for the 3 x 4 grid, and will also turn on effect slots 1-3 for that specified deck. Effect slot 4 is just for the echo freeze so i left that alone. The reason why i have done this is because when you are using the faders then want to use the IG it takes 1 push of a button to switch to that effect and then when the effect engages it is a little behind in my rhythm. So your workflow would be something like this: hit FX preset for faders do your fader thing...then hit the deck button which you are on...then Instant gratify away...then hit the fx preset to use the faders again. I know it adds another step but i find i get cleaner effects use this way.

For those of you not using the S4...if you hold down the Deck you are focused on it will turn the filter off...by releasing the deck you are focused on it will turn the filter back on. This works great for doing High to low filter sweeps.

Those using the S4, for some reason the filter when turned also turns it on...i am working on a work around for this.

N E ways any comments or suggestions please let me know. I am working on alternative mappings for the different styles that i play...and am working on incorporating the Beatslicer functions into this but havent had much luck yet.

Midifighter 4 Banks Beatmasher.zip
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
Beatmasher Firmware up to date 09 Jul 2012
Four bank mode enabled (have tried it on legacy and disabled also).
Set my S4 mapping to standard then import twice with the mean import button.
I have also tried just adding the file also, again start with default S4 mapping then added midifighter 4 bank beatmasher.
I seem to get the preset 2 button selecting deck A and preset 4 setting deck B. The IG on deck B is out by one row (first row does nothing). I have had this before and just re-imported and sorted it out. But this time with this map it
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
I have also tried just adding the file also, again start with default S4 mapping then added midifighter 4 bank beatmasher.
I seem to get the preset 2 button selecting deck A and preset 4 setting deck B. The IG on deck B is out by one row (first row does nothing). I have had this before and just re-imported and sorted it out. But this time with this map it
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
Jerry Lazarski
Still having the same problem. Its set to 4 backs mode (enabled not Legacy)

I downloaded your zip and it only has 'Midifighter 4 Banks Beatmasher.tsi' within it. Is this correct?

I import twice in traktor with the big import button after I have used the standard wizard to set everything as standard for the S4.

Device list is as follows after the import:

Traktor 2 default mapping – generic keyboard (keyboard) - Set to focus in:keyboard
FX Reset-Effects Reset – Traker.Kontrol S4.User (KontrolS4) - Set to focus in:KontrolS4 out:KontrolS4
Deck Focus-Effect Reset – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to focus in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [A] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck A in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [B] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck B in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [C] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck C in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [D] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck D in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF Pro FX – Beatmasher v2.3.1 (Focus AB – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to focus in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
Traktor.Kontrol S4.Deault (KontrolS4) - Set to focus in:KontrolS4 out:KontrolS4

Does this look right?

I dont seem to get the top row ever selecting decks. Preset 2 button still selects deck A. Not sure what Im doing wrong? Any ideas?
import.jpg
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by artistic
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
I seem to get the preset 2 button selecting deck A and preset 4 setting deck B. The IG on deck B is out by one row (first row does nothing). I have had this before and just re-imported and sorted it out. But this time with this map it’s always the same. Slider are working on deck A and B I can’t work out what is working and what is not.
Any help?

As ever could be me and just missing a step but I like to consider myself good with tech :-/

Hmmm thats really weird.

The Top row is for Deck Select, and the bottom 3 rows are the IG mapping, the Preset Buttons are for the sliders.

A couple of things to check out: Is your Midifighter firmware set to Traktor or Ableton? As they both send out different Midi notes. Make sure that the in and out ports are selected for the Midifighter BM.

As well First import all the Beatmasher mappings...there should be 2, one for the faders and 1 for the buttons..Import twice...then use the ADD mapping and add the S4, I havent fooled around with this mapping in a while, but i will try to get the same problem happening on mine to see if i can be of more help.
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by dani
I love the mapping much better then the one from DJTT, but im also having the same problem, no 4 banks mode.
i have tryed several possible options, but when its in 4 banks mode the mapping wont work.
I hope u can help, because this is def the mapping i will use and like the most.
What do you mean the mapping wont work?

What specifically doesnt work?

Have u updated to latest firmware?

Did u load the mapping 2 times?
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by khdz
any ideas?
read the damn op!!

4 banks mode!!!
Crysta Salmeri
Cannot get this mapping to work. Once uploaded the only thing that works is the filter knob!
Loaded it twice like all other mappings.

Help please.
Arthur Prestwich
works great!
Jerry Lazarski
I have the answer :-) You need to put the beat masher in 4 banks mode using the following page not the MF Utility. http://www.djranking s.com/midi-fighter-setup/
Set to internal and bang everything is working fine. Anyone got a problem doing this let me know.
Jerry Lazarski
Still having the same problem. Its set to 4 backs mode (enabled not Legacy)

I downloaded your zip and it only has 'Midifighter 4 Banks Beatmasher.tsi' within it. Is this correct?

I import twice in traktor with the big import button after I have used the standard wizard to set everything as standard for the S4.

Device list is as follows after the import:

Traktor 2 default mapping – generic keyboard (keyboard) - Set to focus in:keyboard
FX Reset-Effects Reset – Traker.Kontrol S4.User (KontrolS4) - Set to focus in:KontrolS4 out:KontrolS4
Deck Focus-Effect Reset – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to focus in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [A] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck A in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [B] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck B in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [C] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck C in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF_FX 4Banks [D] – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to deck D in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
MF Pro FX – Beatmasher v2.3.1 (Focus AB – Generic MIDI (Midi Fighter Pro Bea…) - Set to focus in:midifighterproBM out: midifighterproBM
Traktor.Kontrol S4.Deault (KontrolS4) - Set to focus in:KontrolS4 out:KontrolS4

Does this look right?

I dont seem to get the top row ever selecting decks. Preset 2 button still selects deck A. Not sure what Im doing wrong? Any ideas?
import.jpg
Jerry Lazarski
I’m always amazed how helpful everyone is in the DJTechTool community. I will try out your suggestions.

I’m sure it is set to Traktor but will swop it to Ableton then back to Traktor to make sure it hits home.

I will let you know how I get on. Thanks for getting back so quick.
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by artistic
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
I seem to get the preset 2 button selecting deck A and preset 4 setting deck B. The IG on deck B is out by one row (first row does nothing). I have had this before and just re-imported and sorted it out. But this time with this map it’s always the same. Slider are working on deck A and B I can’t work out what is working and what is not.
Any help?

As ever could be me and just missing a step but I like to consider myself good with tech :-/

Hmmm thats really weird.

The Top row is for Deck Select, and the bottom 3 rows are the IG mapping, the Preset Buttons are for the sliders.

A couple of things to check out: Is your Midifighter firmware set to Traktor or Ableton? As they both send out different Midi notes. Make sure that the in and out ports are selected for the Midifighter BM.

As well First import all the Beatmasher mappings...there should be 2, one for the faders and 1 for the buttons..Import twice...then use the ADD mapping and add the S4, I havent fooled around with this mapping in a while, but i will try to get the same problem happening on mine to see if i can be of more help.
Jerry Lazarski
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Traktor 2.5.1
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by dani
I love the mapping much better then the one from DJTT, but im also having the same problem, no 4 banks mode.
i have tryed several possible options, but when its in 4 banks mode the mapping wont work.
I hope u can help, because this is def the mapping i will use and like the most.
What do you mean the mapping wont work?

What specifically doesnt work?

Have u updated to latest firmware?

Did u load the mapping 2 times?
Tammi Donnel
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by khdz
any ideas?
read the damn op!!

4 banks mode!!!
Arthur Prestwich
Any Ideas?
Arthur Prestwich
Originally Posted by joesdomingo
ok so i loaded this mapping and everything is great except the top four are effects for the adjacent deck rather than deck select and the fader preset buttons are the deck select. I'm not complaining its actually kinda cool to be able to use the pro to control two decks effects. but i thought i would make you aware.

I'm having this same issue. I was using 2.5 and even tried it in 2.1.3 and still have this issue.
Arthur Prestwich
does this mapping work for Traktor pro 2.5?
Xiomara Woolworth
you are a god send. this is the shit. thank you.
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by joesdomingo
ok so i loaded this mapping and everything is great except the top four are effects for the adjacent deck rather than deck select and the fader preset buttons are the deck select. I'm not complaining its actually kinda cool to be able to use the pro to control two decks effects. but i thought i would make you aware.
Thats really weird...its not like that for mine...do u have it in 4 banks mode?
Xiomara Woolworth
Xiomara Woolworth
my god hes done it. this sounds perfect and simple. thanks alot cant wait for my MFPRO so i can use it.
Cristy Devilliers
Sounds pretty good, im going to try it when i get home. ill let you know what i believe!
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by jay2
video please

uhhhh...no video is needed...the 4 x 4 grid is Instant gratification 4 banks mode and the faders are from the Beatmasher Pro...
Kayhan Polat
video please

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy