MIDI Fighter Pro Simulator

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDI Fighter Pro SimulatorReply
MIDI Fighter Pro Simulator
Posted on: 04.07.2012 by Brendan Andrascik
Hello every one!

I've been working on some Ableton MIDI scripts for the MIDI Fighter from work, but since I cannot carry controllers around with me I have created a small simulator app for testing. You can use your computer keyboard to simulate the MF Pro and control the knobs and faders with the mouse. Now it sends all the CC messages and secret combos that the MF Pro Cue Master does!
I don't know if anybody will find this useful, but in any case I'm sharing it with you

If you have any questions or suggestions let me know!

Download: github.com/ghztomash/MF-Pro-sim
More info
Patrica Feldmann
Originally Posted by ghztomash
Hmm that strange, do you have the latest java installed as well as a virtual MIDI port? well something else you can do is download processing and run it from source code

I have JRE7 and MIDI Yoke. But I actually found the error report in the program directory when I browsing.
Brendan Andrascik
Originally Posted by midifidler
Yes

// New mapping style:
//
// 0 3 64 124 127
// |--|-------------|-------------|--| - full range
//
// |0=======================127| - CC A
// |0=========105| - CC B
//
// |__|on____________________________| - note A
// |off___________________________|on| - note B
// 3 124
Thanks! I've been looking around for this diagram..
OK, now I have corrected the note on behavior as well

Only thing missing is the LED feedback, but I'm not sure how practical that is going to be since you will need two different virtual MIDI ports. If anybody requests this feature I might add it later on.
Brendan Andrascik
Hello every one!

I've been working on some Ableton MIDI scripts for the MIDI Fighter from work, but since I cannot carry controllers around with me I have created a small simulator app for testing. You can use your computer keyboard to simulate the MF Pro and control the knobs and faders with the mouse. Now it sends all the CC messages and secret combos that the MF Pro Cue Master does!
I don't know if anybody will find this useful, but in any case I'm sharing it with you

If you have any questions or suggestions let me know!

Download: github.com/ghztomash/MF-Pro-sim
More info
Kellie Myrum
Super cool project! Can you make a short video?
Patrica Feldmann
Originally Posted by ghztomash
Hmm that strange, do you have the latest java installed as well as a virtual MIDI port? well something else you can do is download processing and run it from source code

I have JRE7 and MIDI Yoke. But I actually found the error report in the program directory when I browsing.
Brendan Andrascik
Patrica Feldmann
First of all thank you! I must be a good app for sure! But it is not running on my PC

I tried running it on my PC, would start! No Error, no window...just wouldnt start. I tried using in compatibility mode as well. I used my friends computer to check, not working.
Brendan Andrascik
note though, for it to pick up your keyboard strokes it must be the currently active window, so don't minimize it..
Brendan Andrascik
To get started you have to download and install a virtual MIDI port like LoopBE or MIDI YOke. Then run the executable in the folder application.(your operating system). When the application loads, select your virtual MIDI port from the drop down menu and press connect. Load up Ableton or Traktor, do the necessary setups in the MIDI settings and enjoy bashing your computer keyboard like it is a MIDI Fighter!

Also read the README file for more detailed information on how to set everything up
Wynona Burgwin
How i can use this? i dont understand
Brendan Andrascik
Originally Posted by midifidler
Yes

// New mapping style:
//
// 0 3 64 124 127
//
//
// 3 124
Thanks! I've been looking around for this diagram..
OK, now I have corrected the note on behavior as well

Only thing missing is the LED feedback, but I'm not sure how practical that is going to be since you will need two different virtual MIDI ports. If anybody requests this feature I might add it later on.
Adolf Hit
Yes

// New mapping style:
//
// 0 3 64 124 127
//
//
// 3 124
Brendan Andrascik
One quick question about the messages the knobs and faders send. They send a note on when the knob reaches 0 and 127. But do they send any note offs when the knob exits those values?
Brendan Andrascik
Ok, I have implemented the "Traktor" mode. In which the knobs will send the secondary CC and note ons, secret combos and bank buttons change the Fx presets. Tested it briefly with the Cue Master mapping and it works perfectly

The only twist is that I changed the combos a little bit because I couldn't read more than two key presses at the same time, you can find out how to use them in the read me file.
Kimberly Lewark
Thats really cool! Good work!
Brendan Andrascik
thanks guys, glad you found that useful!
probably will implement the "Traktor" mode with the advanced CC messages if I get some time these days!
Adolf Hit
Nice work dude!
Kandi Odom
gonna try this now!!! may help me decide to get a mfp!!! awesome work dude!!!
Tawnya Attia
awesomesauce app dude =D now i can cuemash wherever i am

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy