Midi Fighter Button Socket

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Button SocketReply
Midi Fighter Button Socket
Posted on: 22.03.2011 by Blair Turick
I've been working on making an arduino based Midi Fighter like device. While i could solder all the buttons in, I really like the sockets i see in the pictures on the midi fighter. So that the buttons just get pushed into the holes, and they sit on the bottom and make the connection. As i don't have a Midi Fighter I can't see what exactly is acting as the socket to make the connection. If someone could either post close up picks, or if anyone knows exactly what they are and how i can replicate them that would be awesome!

Thanks
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by MiL0
wow, so you've got enough parts to make 1,000 midifighters? are you anywhere close to selling that many so far?
They've sold well over that. My Midifighter classic is #2521.
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by timcrawf88
just to further clarify i'm talking about these

Thanks again
ah, right - i'm not sure about those... looks like the same thing but a PCB mount? why not contact DJTT sales?
Lewis Stumpf
The arcade buttons use fairly standard connectors. I haven't got a midifighter but I imagine the midifighter pcb has got these connectors soldered directly to the circuit board?

Incidentally, I bought some of these very connectors from Maplins recently... pretty handy way of connecting up a load of arcade buttons without having to do any soldering. You need a crimping tool though :/
Care for a link my friend?
I'd dig being able to replace the buttons on my own controller, would save me a ton of work.
Blair Turick
I've been working on making an arduino based Midi Fighter like device. While i could solder all the buttons in, I really like the sockets i see in the pictures on the midi fighter. So that the buttons just get pushed into the holes, and they sit on the bottom and make the connection. As i don't have a Midi Fighter I can't see what exactly is acting as the socket to make the connection. If someone could either post close up picks, or if anyone knows exactly what they are and how i can replicate them that would be awesome!

Thanks
Adolf Hit
They will come out at a few cent a piece. They are made by Tyco, part number 62526-1.
Taylor Camron
If the price is right I don't mind ordering 16,000 pieces. Can you tell me what the technical name of the clip is?
Kimberly Lewark
wow, so you've got enough parts to make 1,000 midifighters? are you anywhere close to selling that many so far?
They've sold well over that. My Midifighter classic is #2521.
Arcelia Siebeneck
Adolf Hit
The clips we use are only available for very large orders > 16,000 pieces

I recommend using the pre-terminated MQC wiring harnesses another user posted earlier.
Arcelia Siebeneck
http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/pr...ackitsanwa.htm
Arcelia Siebeneck
did anyone ever find the arcade button sockets above? the ones u solder to the pcb I mean...
Random X
Move to MIDIfighter community .
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by timcrawf88

Thanks again
ah, right - i'm not sure about those... looks like the same thing but a PCB mount? why not contact DJTT sales?
Arcelia Siebeneck
yep - those are the ones.

you need nips to get them to stay on tight but you also need a crimping tool to get the wire to stay in the connector socket. Probably easier just to solder?

Anyway, the reason I looked at these connectors was because it'd be sweet if they were sold with wires already attached (and the other of the wire attached to a pin header or something). Would make DIY midi controllers much easier to assemble (and more modular)...
Joan Kollmorgen
I believe Milo might be referring to these

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Co...male+connector

2.8mm is the size needed for sanwa arcade buttons. They tend to have a tiny amount of play so a little nip is in order.
Lewis Stumpf
The arcade buttons use fairly standard connectors. I haven't got a midifighter but I imagine the midifighter pcb has got these connectors soldered directly to the circuit board?

Incidentally, I bought some of these very connectors from Maplins recently... pretty handy way of connecting up a load of arcade buttons without having to do any soldering. You need a crimping tool though :/
Care for a link my friend?
I'd dig being able to replace the buttons on my own controller, would save me a ton of work.
Blair Turick

Thanks again
Blair Turick
yes, they are soldered to the pcb. Any chance i could get a link to the connectors that you bought?
Arcelia Siebeneck

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy