X1 and 3D midi fighter

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: X1 and 3D midi fighterReply
X1 and 3D midi fighter
Posted on: 23.01.2013 by Jannet Mohseni
Hi I use x1 with dvs , 2.6 and technics - would like to use remix decks. Was believeing of selling X1 and buying the 3D, but would it be able to mimic X1, and run remix decks by flicking a switch, or would I have to load separate tsi files? Any thoughts?
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by MWagner
where are you seing that? The F1 on both NI's site and amazon is exactly the same price as when it came out($279 from NI, $249 from dealers)
Here in belgium from the online stores: first bundled with the S4 (S4 was 869euro's, + F1 = total 879euro's)

Than they dropped S4 to 775, and the F1 too, Prices are still more expensive than the US, but they dropped..
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by 32Digits
I never did say that I'd choose a MF3D over the F1,just pointed that remix decks were possible, btw the F1's dropped price-wise: NI could be introducing something else.
where are you seing that? The F1 on both NI's site and amazon is exactly the same price as when it came out($279 from NI, $249 from dealers)
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by HigherFi
(Hey, I'll buy your X1, btw.)

Lookit, you need to try both. '32..., there is no way a believeing man chooses the MF over the F1 for remix deck control. There's just no way. Level controls, filters, RGB feedback...

FWIW, I wouldn't ditch the X1. It does what it does in a refined and logical fashion. If there were an integral sound card in the thing, it would be so perfect that trains would derail in Madagascar...
I never did say that I'd choose a MF3D over the F1,just pointed that remix decks were possible, btw the F1's dropped price-wise: NI could be introducing something else.

I too wouldn't ditch the X1, because the MF can't replace all the functions of the X1 at the same time tho both are just Midi controllers

Originally Posted by kiddala
I had a feeling the X1 wasn't a piece of kit I should jettison - it's amazing at what it does, and I have only really used it with the default mapping. Damn, what else can I sell? Haha...

Interested about the differences with 3d and F1 ? I was believeing t hat the mapping was so tight that it could basically emulate the F1 but that's not the case, no?
you could look at the MF spectra? 175$ <> 249$ for the 3D. you won't have the motion sens but you can use remix decks etc,

between 3D and F1: F1 has clearly "more"; you have 4 crossf, 4 knobs so it offers more: you could map the 3D so it's tight but so can you with the F1+4knobs+4faders

I'd advise you to wait a little more till NAMM because you never know what might come out + the 3D is out of stock so you have to wait
btw Behringer could (finally) bring out their CMD-lines: which are pretty cheap

Behringer_LC-1_pad_trigger_controller_RGB_LED_overview.jpg
CMD-DC1_21-600x400.jpg

so maybe you do NOT have to sell anything
Awilda Boggie
Dude, get an F1 if remix decks are your goal. MF3D can't touch it.
I quote Ean Golden (comment section below the spectra article)

"That is the key advantage of the Midi Fighter 3D and Spectra. Both can be used to control all 16 slots of one remix deck. You can change remix decks by hitting a button and selecting a different target deck."
Jannet Mohseni
Sure, but could I do what I requested by pressing a button on the F1 to move between remix decks and x1 (I.e. cue buttons and efx) controllerbility? Cheers
Jannet Mohseni
Hi I use x1 with dvs , 2.6 and technics - would like to use remix decks. Was believeing of selling X1 and buying the 3D, but would it be able to mimic X1, and run remix decks by flicking a switch, or would I have to load separate tsi files? Any thoughts?
Shan Bauerly
Simply, one works the remix decks, everything else works around them. Ask proaudiostar.com for the hookup. I paid 219.
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by MWagner
Here in belgium from the online stores: first bundled with the S4 (S4 was 869euro's, + F1 = total 879euro's)

Than they dropped S4 to 775, and the F1 too, Prices are still more expensive than the US, but they dropped..
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by 32Digits
Awilda Boggie

Lookit, you need to try both. '32..., there is no way a believeing man chooses the MF over the F1 for remix deck control. There's just no way. Level controls, filters, RGB feedback...

FWIW, I wouldn't ditch the X1. It does what it does in a refined and logical fashion. If there were an integral sound card in the thing, it would be so perfect that trains would derail in Madagascar...

I too wouldn't ditch the X1, because the MF can't replace all the functions of the X1 at the same time tho both are just Midi controllers

Originally Posted by kiddala
I had a feeling the X1 wasn't a piece of kit I should jettison - it's amazing at what it does, and I have only really used it with the default mapping. Damn, what else can I sell? Haha...

Interested about the differences with 3d and F1 ? I was believeing t hat the mapping was so tight that it could basically emulate the F1 but that's not the case, no?
you could look at the MF spectra? 175$ <> 249$ for the 3D. you won't have the motion sens but you can use remix decks etc,

between 3D and F1: F1 has clearly "more"; you have 4 crossf, 4 knobs so it offers more: you could map the 3D so it's tight but so can you with the F1+4knobs+4faders

I'd advise you to wait a little more till NAMM because you never know what might come out + the 3D is out of stock so you have to wait
btw Behringer could (finally) bring out their CMD-lines: which are pretty cheap

Behringer_LC-1_pad_trigger_controller_RGB_LED_overview.jpg
CMD-DC1_21-600x400.jpg

so maybe you do NOT have to sell anything
Jannet Mohseni

Shan Bauerly

Jannet Mohseni
So I can just flip from an x1 style mapping to the remix decks one with the MD 3d then? I want to use the remix decks but selling the x1 I'm worried il lose all its cool features, like cue point triggering, efx control and track loading...
Shan Bauerly
You can pop it into midi mode instantly. Honestly, as neat as the MF is, it's not an F1. I have both, now. The MF is relegated to FX, becauase I can't navigate the interface after the meds kick in.
Awilda Boggie
I quote Ean Golden (comment section below the spectra article)

"That is the key advantage of the Midi Fighter 3D and Spectra. Both can be used to control all 16 slots of one remix deck. You can change remix decks by hitting a button and selecting a different target deck."
Jannet Mohseni
Sure, but could I do what I requested by pressing a button on the F1 to move between remix decks and x1 (I.e. cue buttons and efx) controllerbility? Cheers
Shan Bauerly

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy