Midi Fighter Button Change!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Button Change!Reply
Midi Fighter Button Change!
Posted on: 29.01.2013 by Georgie Lukowiak
So , here's my deal !

I've had my midi fighter classic for a long time now , the buttons are the best and most responsive i've found ! But with the new year , I've been looking to spice things up with new buttons , but I just had a few questions!

1) has anybody here changed their buttons ? Is it hard to change them and do they respond as well once changed ?

2) I was going to change the middle of my clear rimmed black buttons with other colours like white and purple! Has anybody here changed the middle of the buttons to an alternative colour? Again , is it difficult and do they respond worse , the same , better?

These are things I want to know !

Thanks alot guys,
Swede Dreams
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by SwedeDreams
I'm about to order my buttons but I had a question !
I need to take the top off my midi fighter , then how do I get the buttons out so I can change them?

You should look if the buttons are soldered to the board or clicked.

if they are 'clicked' on the pcb you can just take them off without soldering.

so click on, click off that easy
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by kooper1980
I have to disagree. I attempted to change the buttons in my midi fighter and they were REALLY stiff. Had to stop after removing 3 as i thought I was going to damage my midifighter if I continued to try and remove them. Horrible experience.
Sanwa buttons are expensive because they are durable, no need to worry actually

@midifidler
note to Midifidler: that could be the reason people didn't use that 'option' much :O
Awilda Boggie
So , here's my deal !

I've had my midi fighter classic for a long time now , the buttons are the best and most responsive i've found ! But with the new year , I've been looking to spice things up with new buttons , but I just had a few questions!

1) has anybody here changed their buttons ? Is it hard to change them and do they respond as well once changed ?

2) I was going to change the middle of my clear rimmed black buttons with other colours like white and purple! Has anybody here changed the middle of the buttons to an alternative colour? Again , is it difficult and do they respond worse , the same , better?

Thanks alot guys,
Swede Dreams

Do you have the MF classic? the one where you can push the knobs in? (meaning they are not soldered to the pcb) then it's super easy
Georgie Lukowiak
So , here's my deal !

Thanks alot guys,
Swede Dreams
Lavenia Markwell
1:21 - Here is the installation of the arcade buttons on a MF Classic:

http://youtu.be/QtmENdE38zc?t=1m21s

0:18 - Ean Golden shows how to easily (if done carefully and patiently) take apart the MF Classic:

http://youtu.be/6VOWZWFUvMs?t=18s

0:34 - Closeup shot of the Midi Fighter Classic buttons being put in the PCB.

http://youtu.be/X96SmgPI21c?t=34s
Awilda Boggie
I need to take the top off my midi fighter , then how do I get the buttons out so I can change them?

You should look if the buttons are soldered to the board or clicked.

if they are 'clicked' on the pcb you can just take them off without soldering.

so click on, click off that easy
Georgie Lukowiak
Adolf Hit
@kooper1980

Was your issue removing them from the face plate or the PCB?

I have had no reports from anyone else of it being that difficult
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by kooper1980
I have to disagree. I attempted to change the buttons in my midi fighter and they were REALLY stiff. Had to stop after removing 3 as i thought I was going to damage my midifighter if I continued to try and remove them. Horrible experience.
Sanwa buttons are expensive because they are durable, no need to worry actually

@midifidler
note to Midifidler: that could be the reason people didn't use that 'option' much :O
Kristofer Krauel
Awilda Boggie
So , here's my deal !

Thanks alot guys,
Swede Dreams

Do you have the MF classic? the one where you can push the knobs in? (meaning they are not soldered to the pcb) then it's super easy
robin loo
1) yes, they work like before.. just unscrew the top 4 screws and lift up the faceplate completely..

2) not difficult at all..

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy