Midi Fighters and Traktor 2.6 effects problem.

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighters and Traktor 2.6 effects problem.Reply
Midi Fighters and Traktor 2.6 effects problem.
Posted on: 02.02.2013 by Lisette Ruben
Hey everyone,

So I just got my MF-Spectra in the mail today (and I absolutely love it). I had to update to 2.6 so I could use the Spectra Deckalized/Instant-Grat mapping. I was hesitant because of all the bugs that I heard were in it when it first released. Didn't want to run into unknown problems during gigs. Anyways, Here's my problem.

All the controllers I have plugged in (Numark Mixtrack Pro, MF-Spectra, Korg Nano Kontrol 2, and MF-Classic) work excellently on deck control. But I'm having issues with effects control. All the effects are sitting on whatever is currently in the slots. So if I set up an Iceverb effect on the nano; when I try to use the instant gratification effects on one of the midi fighters it triggers the iceverb instead of the gater effect.

In traktor 2.5 I had no issue switching between effects on the nano and MF. Is there some sort of preference to "divide" the effects so to speak between controllers and their mappings? I looked and I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,
Dalton
Lisette Ruben
Hey everyone,

So I just got my MF-Spectra in the mail today (and I absolutely love it). I had to update to 2.6 so I could use the Spectra Deckalized/Instant-Grat mapping. I was hesitant because of all the bugs that I heard were in it when it first released. Didn't want to run into unknown problems during gigs. Anyways, Here's my problem.

All the controllers I have plugged in (Numark Mixtrack Pro, MF-Spectra, Korg Nano Kontrol 2, and MF-Classic) work excellently on deck control. But I'm having issues with effects control. All the effects are sitting on whatever is currently in the slots. So if I set up an Iceverb effect on the nano; when I try to use the instant gratification effects on one of the midi fighters it triggers the iceverb instead of the gater effect.

In traktor 2.5 I had no issue switching between effects on the nano and MF. Is there some sort of preference to "divide" the effects so to speak between controllers and their mappings? I looked and I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,
Dalton
Kellie Myrum
My bad. Add Spectra first including effects, then add the rest of mappings using ADD under device menu.
Lisette Ruben
Every time I try to import the spectra or any other controller using the big import button it gets rid of all of my other controllers I just set up. It disables everything besides the one I imported at the moment.
Kellie Myrum
Load your Spectra mapping last, do it twice from big IMPORT button and include 'effect settings'. Then open mapping device for nano and re-select all preset effects. Problem comes with different order in effect lists regards to different mappings.
Deanne Baston
My suggestion would be to ensure the mapping on your nano has it so that when you depress the desired effect that it also loads the effect. This is how the MF mappings typically work and I have not had any issues with different effect mappings.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy