Technics 1210 audio cable swap?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Technics 1210 audio cable swap?Reply
Technics 1210 audio cable swap?
Posted on: 30.10.2012 by Nestor Witkowsky
Is this possible w/o being a ninja? I got no sound out of one channel. Total irked.
Jeffrey Akinsanya
its not that difficult follow viperfranks guides on youtube...

you do have to be able to solder so if your not very good at that i wouldnt advise it, as for the cable just get a decent quality twin phono and chop it in half thats the cheapest way.. (i bought mine off amazon for
Jeffrey Akinsanya

you do have to be able to solder so if your not very good at that i wouldnt advise it, as for the cable just get a decent quality twin phono and chop it in half thats the cheapest way.. (i bought mine off amazon for
Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by Terpit
^^you guys make me laugh.
Jeffrey Akinsanya

Chong Mine
Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic
I actually took the cart out and gave it a blow job,
Nestor Witkowsky
Is this possible w/o being a ninja? I got no sound out of one channel. Total irked.
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by Terpit
^^you guys make me laugh.
Nestor Witkowsky
Yeah... unfortunately for me I don't have tons of time. I'm kind of strung across hobbies now, and I really don't have tons of time for a single one. :| I'm not using my turntable to DJ with. It's really for ambient/chill albums, of which my collection is growing. Very irksome to bust out a record and only hear it from one side.

This is after my CDJ went tits up in a move. Just replaced that which hurt. It was a CDJ-350. They wanted 40,000 yen to fix it, and wouldn't fix the crack in the case. They are 60,000 yen new here, and about 40,000 yen used. I just bought one new in the states for $535 or something (a bit over 40,000 yen) new. Gotta love global pricing.
Federico Vilas
parts are overpriced in most cases. I always buy broken ttables locally or on ebay. Cheaper that way. I bought a lot for $300 with parts to complete my current project AND enough to almost build another set just b/c someone gave up on their project. Dual voltage too... only problem is I have a lot of extra parts I don't use...so I need to place on ebay overpriced haha
Nestor Witkowsky
I can solder. IN fact, I have two projects going on so the iron is out and about, as is the solder. These projects "move" though as their clothing and a bicycle accessory, so learning some of the finer points about the quality of the solder.

These are cheap here though. About $100-$120 used, so I'm not too bothered if I fry it. Could probably get at least $20 for parts.
Jeffrey Akinsanya

Chong Mine
Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic
I actually took the cart out and gave it a blow job,
Annalisa Shogren
You can get the cables off eBay. I'm sure HOSA do them...
Nestor Witkowsky
Thanks guys. I actually took the cart out and gave it a blow job, NES cart style just to make sure. Didn't work though. No Ace hardware around here but I'll try to find something similar locally. As I only have one turntable (I know) don't have much to check with. Might try to borrow another stylus/cartridge from a friend. Gotta go make some more of those though.
Federico Vilas
get some metal polish at ace hardware and clean your contacts where the cart attaches to the tonearm. Also, make sure none of the cardas wires are loose. Pretty easy fix. It could also be the stylus. check the simple things before you tear it apart. Ground cable could be lose too
Debrah Arnaout
happened to me. right channel shit the bed a few months after i got my 1200. its really not that hard to replace and all you need is a screwdriver, soldering iron, and a new cable (bought mine at radioshack, shit works fine). this guy is gonna be your best friend too

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy