Setting up Traktor Pro with Pioneer

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Setting up Traktor Pro with PioneerReply
Setting up Traktor Pro with Pioneer
Posted on: 14.11.2012 by Cedric Wilberger
Hello guys,

So since the new update of Traktor I made a step towards the Pioneer (CDJ 850, DJM 900).But I got some questions about connecting the CDJ's with Traktor Pro.

So I installed the new update, tried to set up the CDJ's , but there is no sound coming out. I tried to adjust the volume, look in the preferences if I had to change anything , I tried a lot but still, I can't control both CDJ's. So do I have to do something specific so I can control both of them, download or install something? Will this also work for other CDJ versions? And what if I want to control 4 CDJ's ?

I would really appreciate to get some more info about this set up!
Thanks!
Cedric Wilberger
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
The audio setup in traktor should be the same.
Do they see the aggregator as mapping or ? Because someone told me I have to download the mapping for the CDJ-850?
Cedric Wilberger
Okay thanks! Do you know if I have to do anything special with the pioneer CDJ's 900-2000 ? Like putting it on external or internal? Because once I had a problem with controlling it when I connected them with the 2000's , somebody fixed it for me but I don't know how he did that to be honest.
Cedric Wilberger
Originally Posted by brocklambert
It's slightly more complicated than that. Depends on if you use Windows or Mac... but on Mac you need to download the CDJ aggregator, then plug in each CDJ and select which decks to control.
Do you know where I can download the CDJ aggregator?
Cedric Wilberger
It's slightly more complicated than that. Depends on if you use Windows or Mac... but on Mac you need to download the CDJ aggregator, then plug in each CDJ and select which decks to control.
Do you know where I can download the CDJ aggregators? And do I have to do anything special in the Traktor settings?
Harley Zitka
Originally Posted by Gauthier
And what if I want to connect Traktor with CDJ 900 - 2000? Do I just have to plug in the usb cables?
Cedric Wilberger
Just checked, and the 850 is not supported. Therefore, your best option right now is to use them with timecode CD's and a NI interface with Traktor Scratch.
And what if I want to connect Traktor with CDJ 900 - 2000? Do I just have to plug in the usb cables?
Harley Zitka
Hmm, I contacted the shop which I bought the CDJ's and he said it would work perfect with the CDJ-850. Do you know if you have to do something specific in the preferences with other CDJ's?
Just checked, and the 850 is not supported. Therefore, your best option right now is to use them with timecode CD's and a NI interface with Traktor Scratch.
Cedric Wilberger
I could be wrong, but I don't believe Traktor supports the CDJ-850 for HID yet.
Hmm, I contacted the shop which I bought the CDJ's and he said it would work perfect with the CDJ-850. Do you know if you have to do something specific in the preferences with other CDJ's?
Cedric Wilberger
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
How are you connecting the CDJs? Need more info.
I just connect them with the USB cables as said in the video from Native Instruments.
Cedric Wilberger
Hello guys,

So since the new update of Traktor I made a step towards the Pioneer (CDJ 850, DJM 900).But I got some questions about connecting the CDJ's with Traktor Pro.

So I installed the new update, tried to set up the CDJ's , but there is no sound coming out. I tried to adjust the volume, look in the preferences if I had to change anything , I tried a lot but still, I can't control both CDJ's. So do I have to do something specific so I can control both of them, download or install something? Will this also work for other CDJ versions? And what if I want to control 4 CDJ's ?

I would really appreciate to get some more info about this set up!
Thanks!
Tatum Ansaldo
Dude the mapping is on the same page I linked you to.
Annalisa Shogren
Just watch this.
Cedric Wilberger
Do they see the aggregator as mapping or ? Because someone told me I have to download the mapping for the CDJ-850?
Tatum Ansaldo
Cedric Wilberger
Okay thanks! Do you know if I have to do anything special with the pioneer CDJ's 900-2000 ? Like putting it on external or internal? Because once I had a problem with controlling it when I connected them with the 2000's , somebody fixed it for me but I don't know how he did that to be honest.
Cedric Wilberger
Do you know where I can download the CDJ aggregator?
Tatum Ansaldo
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/sof...-850/page.html
Tatum Ansaldo
It'll be on the pioneer website.
Cedric Wilberger
Do you know where I can download the CDJ aggregators? And do I have to do anything special in the Traktor settings?
Cedric Wilberger
Okay thanks for the info. But do you know where I can find the mappings or anything special like that? ( the pioneer website, or DJTT mappings,...?) Also , I don't want to give out 300euros for a soundcard if I can just plug them in with USB.
Cedric Wilberger
Tatum Ansaldo
You can use the 850s as MIDI controllers in traktor, but not HID (which is much better). You should still be able to use the sound cards, pioneer has a guide on how to do that but I'm on my phone so I can't look it up right now. With CDJ 400, 900, 2000 and 2000NXS you just plug them in and they work but for the 850s you'll need a mapping, pretty sure there's an official pioneer one.
Harley Zitka
Cedric Wilberger
Harley Zitka
Cedric Wilberger
Harley Zitka
Cedric Wilberger
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
I just connect them with the USB cables as said in the video from Native Instruments.
Annalisa Shogren

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy