Tech 1210 problem!

Tech 1210 problem!
Posted on: 14.11.2012 by Erich Vallabhaneni
Hello, i've been having some problems using my 1210 lately. Ever since I received it there have been a few problems but these two stump me the most. 1.) For some reason, I have to turn the volume up extremely high and have my volume faders almost at the bottom for my tech to be loud enough to hear. I don't know why, but any insight would be great. 2.) The 1210 will play about half the record then start jumping back and getting in a loop. I've tried putting more weight on the needle and it still doesn't help. I'm pretty new to turntables so any help is appreciated.
Erich Vallabhaneni
Hello, i've been having some problems using my 1210 lately. Ever since I received it there have been a few problems but these two stump me the most. 1.) For some reason, I have to turn the volume up extremely high and have my volume faders almost at the bottom for my tech to be loud enough to hear. I don't know why, but any insight would be great. 2.) The 1210 will play about half the record then start jumping back and getting in a loop. I've tried putting more weight on the needle and it still doesn't help. I'm pretty new to turntables so any help is appreciated.
Federico Vilas
are you using regular records or trying to play through DVS?
Chong Mine
^What he said

Regarding your second problem, if you're using the same control vinyl it might be a problem with that as opposed to your turntable
Albertina Fay
1-
a- make sure your mixer is set to phono input when plugging the TT directly to the mixer.
b- if it is, try connecting to the other channel on the mixer. (the phono pre-amps may have gone bad on the channel)
c- make sure both left and right RCA plugs on your TT's working by plugging in one at a time only.
d- clean your needles and make sure the cartridge has good contacts when you connect them to the tone arm.

2-
a- with your hand, grab the tone arm and move slowly from left to right and up/down. the tonearm should feel smooth and not stiff. (bearings may be bad)
b- check your anti-skate. may not be working properly.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy