Finally got around to painting this pair of MK2s that have been in pieces... [pics]

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Finally got around to painting this pair of MK2s that have been in pieces... [pics]Reply
Finally got around to painting this pair of MK2s that have been in pieces... [pics]
Posted on: 06.05.2012 by Romelia Stankard
after like 5 months of sitting in pieces in my living room I finally got around to it. One is still in pieces since I need to get a new tone arm or do some serious surgery, I have like 3 tone arm assemblies and something is wrong with each one.

All automotive enamel spray cans. Got replacement metal pitch decals and technics sticker decals.

priming

gloss white enamel then clear coat

Now just need to fix the tone arm on the other and then I have another set of 1200s to paint, I may go gloss black on the next one.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by Nicadraus
You used enamel?

You should have used acrylic or better, polyurethane instead. I am 100% positive that those decks are going to fade really quick especially on the areas near the pitch control and start/stop, 33/45 buttons.
acrylic enamel, oh well I need to get new paint for the next set. you would believe paint marketed as specifically for automotive would be durable. what specific paint do you recommend?
Romelia Stankard
after like 5 months of sitting in pieces in my living room I finally got around to it. One is still in pieces since I need to get a new tone arm or do some serious surgery, I have like 3 tone arm assemblies and something is wrong with each one.

All automotive enamel spray cans. Got replacement metal pitch decals and technics sticker decals.

priming

gloss white enamel then clear coat

Now just need to fix the tone arm on the other and then I have another set of 1200s to paint, I may go gloss black on the next one.
Sharika Meysenburg
Hey,

First time post, be gentle!

I've been snooping round a few boards trying to get some ideas for my freshly painted decks. Basically I want the logos back. Not so sure about the stickers. Anyway, just wondering if any one has bought these, they look pretty sweet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TECHNICS-SL-...item3a7c9397c0
Tashia Mcdunn
looks great xone!
Romelia Stankard
lots of dish soap and water and a rough sponge, sometimes I will do a light sanding after that with ultra fine sandpaper.

the stickers were bought from ebay pretty cheap
Margie Pavell
and also xone...how did you clean up the dots around the platter? light sanding? or just scrubbed them?
Devin Raffield
where did you get the stickers? i want to paint mine white but i want to have the technics logo and model after i paint them
Fidelia Messing
really looks like a great job!
Tova Duignan
Great Job xt, wish i was near you so that you could on my tt also
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by Nicadraus
You used enamel?

You should have used acrylic or better, polyurethane instead. I am 100% positive that those decks are going to fade really quick especially on the areas near the pitch control and start/stop, 33/45 buttons.
acrylic enamel, oh well I need to get new paint for the next set. you would believe paint marketed as specifically for automotive would be durable. what specific paint do you recommend?
Ira Alsadi
Looks good.
Osvaldo Newhall
You used enamel?

Audrey Pinda
Every time I see jobs like this, it gets me motivated. But I'm so afraid of taking apart the tables and then not being able to get them back together again lol.

We shall see soon :P I really need to paint mine since they were previously well used.

Great looks.
Alla Bluemke
I'm still hunting down a set in the bay.
Verona Spradlin
Beautiful. Even though I've got a pair of M3Ds, I really just want a pair of clean and black 1200MK2s. Better scrounge up some monies.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy