Using mixer's fx send/return thru Traktor for fx?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Using mixer's fx send/return thru Traktor for fx?Reply
Using mixer's fx send/return thru Traktor for fx?
Posted on: 05.12.2012 by Terra Merigold
So.. I just bought a Vestax PMC 05 Pro IV mixer to use with Vinyl DVS and Traktor.

The mixer has a nice fx loop section with selectable on/off and send/return levels.

The fx loop send is post crossfader

Think it would work to send to my Audio 6 and input on a thru channel and use FX then post fader? Does the thru channel on Traktor even allow for fx insert?
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
you have to mess around with the latency settings b/c each computer is different...if you have a fast processor and a ton of ram you can get lower latencies otherwise, you will have to have higher settings...lowest setting I can get on my current setup without audio issues is 192/3ms @ ~9-10ms... I have to adjust to 256 if i want to run maschine at same time...NI interfaces are pretty good but i've been dreaming about getting an rme 400 just don't know if it'll work with TSP2
you should ask chris liebing, he uses it with traktor
Terra Merigold
So.. I just bought a Vestax PMC 05 Pro IV mixer to use with Vinyl DVS and Traktor.

The mixer has a nice fx loop section with selectable on/off and send/return levels.

The fx loop send is post crossfader

Think it would work to send to my Audio 6 and input on a thru channel and use FX then post fader? Does the thru channel on Traktor even allow for fx insert?
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
you have to mess around with the latency settings b/c each computer is different...if you have a fast processor and a ton of ram you can get lower latencies otherwise, you will have to have higher settings...lowest setting I can get on my current setup without audio issues is 192/3ms @ ~9-10ms... I have to adjust to 256 if i want to run maschine at same time...NI interfaces are pretty good but i've been dreaming about getting an rme 400 just don't know if it'll work with TSP2
you should ask chris liebing, he uses it with traktor
Federico Vilas
Delila Vandommelen
Successfully tested with my Xone 42 and Audio8. Works well with reverbs, but I found loop recording inside Traktor to be clumsy (not to mention the latency becomes very apparent !). YMMV!
Federico Vilas
I have an 07 pro with the audio 6, I run c/d/remix decks through fx in/out...I don't see why it would not work...I use my maschine to control fx though
Albertina Fay
Yes. It works perfect.

I am using it the with a Rane TTM56 and an Audio8. (I am only using 3 channels so Audio 6 will work.)

I have my Audio Latency set to overall 8.6ms with no cracks, pops, or drops. I am using an early 2011 base model MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.
Terra Merigold
I should note I would just test it out; but I sold my S4, don't have traktor currently and am waiting on a Scratch 6 package.. Just wondering about any latency issues and if anyone has done this with success..

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy