Starter USB Vinyl Setup-Recommendations?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Starter USB Vinyl Setup-Recommendations?Reply
Starter USB Vinyl Setup-Recommendations?
Posted on: 18.12.2012 by Lady Macura
I'm starting out and I'm looking to DJ using vinyl, but all my music is wavs or mp3s on my computer. Is there a way where I can use vinyl with USB material on it, or something similar? (Forgive me for sounding so clueless haha, I'm only starting out)
Tamela Batara
Not that cheap. VirtualDJ Pro is
Tamela Batara
Tamela Batara
Tamela Batara
Tamela Batara
Tamela Batara
Tamela Batara
Vikki Jeannoel
I would reccommend looking into getting a serato timecode vinyl setuprane-serato-diagram.jpg
Tamela Batara
Lady Macura
Originally Posted by VincentCools
Get yourself an analog mixer and an external soundcard like the Audio 6 or Rane SL1 and some old (direct drive) turntables. I guess the Stanton's ST.150 or the numark TTX's are good for a beginner. With this setup you control the software (traktor or serato) with your vinyl's (wich are included in the package). A little external controller like the NI x1 or denon HC-1000 is suggested for extra control like cue-points, loops, software effects,....

Good luck
So will I have to use a laptop, I wouldn't be able to put all my music on a USB stick or anything?
Lady Macura
I'm starting out and I'm looking to DJ using vinyl, but all my music is wavs or mp3s on my computer. Is there a way where I can use vinyl with USB material on it, or something similar? (Forgive me for sounding so clueless haha, I'm only starting out)
Yong Aptekar
^this
Janella Gripe
First play with the software and watch some video's about it. Then decide which suits you the most
Vikki Jeannoel
I would reccommend looking into getting a serato timecode vinyl setuprane-serato-diagram.jpg
Dottie Tabet
Well, then he could use Mixxx, which is free ;-)
Tamela Batara
Dottie Tabet
I don't get why almost all people i have seen in here suggest only Traktor or Serato boxes.

A cheap setup would 2x Reloop RP-2000 mk3's and a Reloop RMX-20 BlackFire Edition, and then an American Audio Versaport soundcard.
Then just hook it to to VirtualDJ Pro, and you're ready to go.
Of course you need a couple of timecode vinyls, but that's not so expensive to buy.
Tamela Batara
No. You could play mp3's off a cd deck without needing a PC, or off a controller like the Pioneer XDJ Aero without a PC, but not with vinyl. To do that, you will need a PC to run Traktor or Serato, or whatever DVS (Digital Vinyl System) software you wish.
Lady Macura
Originally Posted by VincentCools
Get yourself an analog mixer and an external soundcard like the Audio 6 or Rane SL1 and some old (direct drive) turntables. I guess the Stanton's ST.150 or the numark TTX's are good for a beginner. With this setup you control the software (traktor or serato) with your vinyl's (wich are included in the package). A little external controller like the NI x1 or denon HC-1000 is suggested for extra control like cue-points, loops, software effects,....

Good luck
So will I have to use a laptop, I wouldn't be able to put all my music on a USB stick or anything?
Janella Gripe

Good luck

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy