Advice required on beginner setup (2 Numark ndx400's and 1 M1 mixer)

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Advice required on beginner setup (2 Numark ndx400's and 1 M1 mixer)Reply
Advice required on beginner setup (2 Numark ndx400's and 1 M1 mixer)
Posted on: 02.12.2012 by Augustus Tucholski
Hi, i wanted to get into djing for years and finally found the courage to buy some gear . I stupidly didn't really believe to much about what i was buying just saw a deal on ebay and went for it and ended up with 2 Numark ndx400's and an M1 mixer!
Being a complete beginner i have been watching videos on youtube and fiddling with the gear trying to get a feel for it, but in many of the videos i see people with the same cdj's as myself but they are using laptops and controllers.
Do i need to invest in any extra gear to help my setup or connect to a laptop? I understand that these CDJ's are not midi controllers and you have to use time code CD's. Or shall i just keep practicing with what i have and hope i will improve in time?

Any advice would be greatly received
Augustus Tucholski
Hi, i wanted to get into djing for years and finally found the courage to buy some gear . I stupidly didn't really believe to much about what i was buying just saw a deal on ebay and went for it and ended up with 2 Numark ndx400's and an M1 mixer!
Being a complete beginner i have been watching videos on youtube and fiddling with the gear trying to get a feel for it, but in many of the videos i see people with the same cdj's as myself but they are using laptops and controllers.
Do i need to invest in any extra gear to help my setup or connect to a laptop? I understand that these CDJ's are not midi controllers and you have to use time code CD's. Or shall i just keep practicing with what i have and hope i will improve in time?

Any advice would be greatly received
Nana Mohs
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...r?src=3WWRWXGP I use this one currently, and will keep it around as my backup when I upgrade. Built like a tank and I've never had any problems with it
Yong Aptekar
I would upgrade the mixer personally. The M1 only has a 2 band EQ, so you get a high/mid and a low knob instead of a high, mid and low.

Take a look around at mixers. They all do the same thing, but if you don't want to get stuck later on, get yourself a 3 band eq mixer.
Janella Gripe
If you want to see the waveform of your tracks, you can buy a serato (sl 1) or traktor (audio 6) soundcard. Just put the cd's in the player, connect them to the soundcard. Then connect the soundcard to your mixer and computer and you're ready to go!
Dottie Tabet
From what i know these players have both CD and USB, so you don't actually need to connect it to the PC :-)

Just load your music onto an USB drive, and you're good to go ;-)

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy