Cleaning CDJ

Cleaning CDJ
Posted on: 09.01.2013 by Latina Samon
So finally got my CDJ800mk2's, but they definitely feel like they could do with a service
Can't afford to send them off so wondering what the best way to clean them is....in particular the tempo faders and the jog wheels (they feel a bit scratchy).

I'm believeing get some of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deoxit-Fad...item5895f43fdf

and some of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17231-2x-C...item415f7af741

and go at it. Was wondering if theres anything I should avoid or any tips people have? Particularly with the jogwheel as I don't want to mess anything up.

There's also a cue button that's a bit stuck. Can't test if it stills works until I get my mixer.
Nadia Shelmadine
CDJ's are pretty easy to service. Open them up and clean them. Jogwheels roll on some tiny plastic bits that might break, but they're available parts too. You'll get the hang of it if you open them with Youtube instructions. If you open them, replace CUE and PLAY button switches which are about 2-3
Nadia Shelmadine
CDJ's are pretty easy to service. Open them up and clean them. Jogwheels roll on some tiny plastic bits that might break, but they're available parts too. You'll get the hang of it if you open them with Youtube instructions. If you open them, replace CUE and PLAY button switches which are about 2-3
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Latina Samon
So finally got my CDJ800mk2's, but they definitely feel like they could do with a service
Can't afford to send them off so wondering what the best way to clean them is....in particular the tempo faders and the jog wheels (they feel a bit scratchy).

I'm believeing get some of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deoxit-Fad...item5895f43fdf

and some of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17231-2x-C...item415f7af741

and go at it. Was wondering if theres anything I should avoid or any tips people have? Particularly with the jogwheel as I don't want to mess anything up.

There's also a cue button that's a bit stuck. Can't test if it stills works until I get my mixer.
Nadia Shelmadine
Ashlea Retzlaff
theres a few good tutorials on youtube

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy