Approx cost of delivery for mixer/cdjs in UK/

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Approx cost of delivery for mixer/cdjs in UK/Reply
Approx cost of delivery for mixer/cdjs in UK/
Posted on: 06.01.2013 by Latina Samon
Sorry for the title, pressed enter and it posted the thread for some reason!

Anyone that's had experience selling in the uk know how much it'll be for a pair of cdj's (800's) and a mixer (djm600) in a flight case?

Have the opportunity to buy but need to sort my own courier out. There's 10 hours left so could do with knowing as soon as poss!
Latina Samon
Missed out the on original ones but found the mixer and 2 cdjs seperately last evening . Was
Latina Samon
Thanks for the help, only saw the most recent posts after I'd posted the last one.

As soon as I go above 35kg, City Link disappears. Looking at
Latina Samon
Just had the info off him. On the myparceldelivery site the cheapest was nearly
Latina Samon
Missed out the on original ones but found the mixer and 2 cdjs seperately last evening . Was
Latina Samon
Thanks for the help, only saw the most recent posts after I'd posted the last one.

Latina Samon
Latina Samon
Latina Samon

Latina Samon
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Patch
You can easily get the weights from t'interweb. It'll be on the spec sheet for the gear . Sizes too. (Just add around 20% for packaging).
True dat. You say add for packaging, depending on the condition of the flight case and how shiny you want to keep it I'd say it makes sense to just have the courier pick it up as is. Flight cases are designed for travel, and finding a box big enough to pack a coffin case into is going to be difficult, let alone getting enough foam peanuts, and it'll be more hassle for the seller who doesn't want to post anyway.

OP, if you're not sure about the model of the flight case (they can weigh drastically different amounts) PM me the link to the listing page and I'll see if I can identify it for you. Don't post it here in case someone snaps it up before you!
Latina Samon
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Weight is crucial. Surely the guy can put the thing on his bathroom scales. You'll have to pre-pay the courier and that's not possible without knowing the weight.
Ah, fair enough. I've messaged him again, not sure he's keen on posting though for some reason.

Be awesome if I can get the mixer/cdjs together though!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by KS2
That's a lot more reasonable than I thought. What should I do about the quote asking for dimonsions/weight? Doubt I'll be able to get the weight and messaged the guy about the dimensions.
Weight is crucial. Surely the guy can put the thing on his bathroom scales. You'll have to pre-pay the courier and that's not possible without knowing the weight.
Tatum Ansaldo
Just so you know, I'm currently in the process of selling a coffin case for 2x1210s and a 12" mixer and the best price I've got is
Brunilda Kora
2x1210's (boxed) cost me
Latina Samon
Sorry for the title, pressed enter and it posted the thread for some reason!

Anyone that's had experience selling in the uk know how much it'll be for a pair of cdj's (800's) and a mixer (djm600) in a flight case?

Have the opportunity to buy but need to sort my own courier out. There's 10 hours left so could do with knowing as soon as poss!
Latina Samon
The mixer came yesterday, they'd chucked in a pair Senn HD 25 SPs which was a nice bonus so I'll keep them as spare. Loving playing on the cdjs so far. Even though I believe the S2 is the better piece of kit at the moment (more intuitive) its nice playing on something proper.
Tatum Ansaldo
Have fun with them mate.
Latina Samon
Tatum Ansaldo
If you underquote the weight there's the risk they'll refuse to take it.
Latina Samon

Tatum Ansaldo
Strange, city link does normally have the best prices but myparceldelivery normally shows them. TNT are always more expensive.

You're looking at 24kg for the case, 6.6kg for the mixer and 4kg for each CDJ, so about 39kg overall.
Latina Samon
Tatum Ansaldo
Nm, pretty sure I found it. It's a road ready case so it'll be similar to this one: http://store.roadreadycases.com/dyn_...CD12W&k=113902

Exterior Dimensions:
18.6"w X 9.6"h X 43.3"d
Product Weight:
53lbs
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Patch
You can easily get the weights from t'interweb. It'll be on the spec sheet for the gear . Sizes too. (Just add around 20% for packaging).
True dat. You say add for packaging, depending on the condition of the flight case and how shiny you want to keep it I'd say it makes sense to just have the courier pick it up as is. Flight cases are designed for travel, and finding a box big enough to pack a coffin case into is going to be difficult, let alone getting enough foam peanuts, and it'll be more hassle for the seller who doesn't want to post anyway.

OP, if you're not sure about the model of the flight case (they can weigh drastically different amounts) PM me the link to the listing page and I'll see if I can identify it for you. Don't post it here in case someone snaps it up before you!
Brunilda Kora
Tatum Ansaldo
Just reassure him that the courier will pick it up from his house at a time suited to him. You arrange that with him and then give that info to the courier when you book.
Latina Samon
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Ah, fair enough. I've messaged him again, not sure he's keen on posting though for some reason.

Be awesome if I can get the mixer/cdjs together though!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by KS2
That's a lot more reasonable than I thought. What should I do about the quote asking for dimonsions/weight? Doubt I'll be able to get the weight and messaged the guy about the dimensions.
Tatum Ansaldo
Just so you know, I'm currently in the process of selling a coffin case for 2x1210s and a 12" mixer and the best price I've got is
Latina Samon
Tatum Ansaldo
Depends if you want extra insurance cover for the value of the items. I use www.myparceldelivery.com to compare prices, you'll need to ask the seller what the weight and dimensions of the whole package are.
Brunilda Kora
2x1210's (boxed) cost me

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy