Issue with brand new Technics SL-1200 MK2

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Issue with brand new Technics SL-1200 MK2Reply
Issue with brand new Technics SL-1200 MK2
Posted on: 09.01.2013 by Parthenia Cetrone
Hey guys, having an issue with the way this brand new deck is turning. It seems that the big dots are not staying still as they should when the table is turning. This causing all the vinyl to sound warped on both 33' and 45'. I posted a video to show you what i mean. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf2hIFvrpbI
Rena Estabrook
Originally Posted by 24ounce
The voltage switch ?
That's my guess.
Halley Wurzer
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk
im pretty sure its not the pitch fader itself in that case
Yes, you are probably right! I forgot MK2s have that center detent where the lock automatically engages.
Parthenia Cetrone
If its doing that when set to 0% pitch it could be the quartz lock thats faulty. never seen that before
Yes it's at 0% when it behaves like that, never seen it myself in 12 years of owning 1200's. It was acting like this right out of the box from day one.
Parthenia Cetrone
Hey guys, having an issue with the way this brand new deck is turning. It seems that the big dots are not staying still as they should when the table is turning. This causing all the vinyl to sound warped on both 33' and 45'. I posted a video to show you what i mean. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf2hIFvrpbI
Nu Dambaugh
That sucks. It looks like the motor drive chip (ic101, part #RFKFAN6675) is bad, you should have a technician look at it or send it back if you can.
Rena Estabrook
Originally Posted by 24ounce
The voltage switch ?
That's my guess.
Norah Mozena
The voltage switch ?
Precious Pequignot
dam... that sucks man. hope u can get it fixed/ get a new technic, since its brand new.
Nadia Shelmadine
It's not the pitch fader, there are some parts in main PCB that has to be changed.
Halley Wurzer
Yes, you are probably right! I forgot MK2s have that center detent where the lock automatically engages.
Teresia Janusch
Parthenia Cetrone
If its doing that when set to 0% pitch it could be the quartz lock thats faulty. never seen that before
Yes it's at 0% when it behaves like that, never seen it myself in 12 years of owning 1200's. It was acting like this right out of the box from day one.
Teresia Janusch
Halley Wurzer
If it's brand new return it, if not, replace the pitch fader - it's pretty easy.
Parthenia Cetrone
Aw man thanks I was hoping it was something else. Brand new table as well, looks like it needs to be returned.
Halley Wurzer
Pitch fader is shot homie, i'm 90 % sure.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy