Stanton ST 150 / ST 150 II

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Stanton ST 150 / ST 150 IIReply
Stanton ST 150 / ST 150 II
Posted on: 10.01.2013 by Hollie Canavan
Good evening,

i've just a short question about the differences between the
Stanton ST 150 and the ST 150 II

I often see that there are 2 Versions - but I can't find something about the differences...

Would be nice if someone can help me

Olli
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by Nakkanen
Yeah the rubbery surface on my Stantons are the same, I plan to sand them back and paint them or get them re-dipped in rubber when I get a chance.
hey man i got awesome results with isopropyl alcohol and a rag. u might wanna try it out.

Anyway to protect the buttons though? seen a way of putting film protector like those for handphones on em
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by oliosky
Its on the bottom so have a try with some rubbing alcohol I reckon. Test it out and see how it goes. I had the same issue with the top of my st120s. Bit of alcohol gets rid of the worn out rubber finish and brings it back to the original surface.

Thanks oliosky! isopropyl alcohol worked totally. just left some stains, but cleaned up the gunk real good! thanks (:

disappointed with how the buttons easily fade though, start/stop/33/45 etc
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by Tornesoul
basically the entire rubber bottom of the stanton. heres 2 pics, it isnt rly obvious though. almost the whole of it has a sticky residue on it.

http://imgur.com/MOsfkQh,sOT4mKb#0
Its on the bottom so have a try with some rubbing alcohol I reckon. Test it out and see how it goes. I had the same issue with the top of my st120s. Bit of alcohol gets rid of the worn out rubber finish and brings it back to the original surface.
Hollie Canavan
Originally Posted by thugsucker
First patch was blue, second is blackish (very dark) blue.
No technical differences?
I found yesterday evening that also the print on the button above the Pitch Fader is different...

So no need for the 2nd version?

Olli
Hollie Canavan
Good evening,

i've just a short question about the differences between the
Stanton ST 150 and the ST 150 II

I often see that there are 2 Versions - but I can't find something about the differences...

Would be nice if someone can help me

Olli
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by Nakkanen
Yeah the rubbery surface on my Stantons are the same, I plan to sand them back and paint them or get them re-dipped in rubber when I get a chance.
hey man i got awesome results with isopropyl alcohol and a rag. u might wanna try it out.

Anyway to protect the buttons though? seen a way of putting film protector like those for handphones on em
Tomiko Schellenberger
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by oliosky

Thanks oliosky! isopropyl alcohol worked totally. just left some stains, but cleaned up the gunk real good! thanks (:

disappointed with how the buttons easily fade though, start/stop/33/45 etc
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by Tornesoul
basically the entire rubber bottom of the stanton. heres 2 pics, it isnt rly obvious though. almost the whole of it has a sticky residue on it.

Precious Pequignot

Johnetta Olewine
which part are you talking about
Precious Pequignot
didnt wanna start another thread for this, bear with me!

so i jumped on a pair of used stanton st150s, and one of the deck's rubber base has a whole load of sticky residue (melted hard rubber?) on it. Has any1 encountered this problem before on their stantons or super oem turntables?

How do i remove it? I've googled but... not sure if some of the stuff would work well for me. e.g. goo gone, rubbing alcohol, windex, nail polish remover, etc. I'm afraid of damaging it. Any suggestions?

Has any1 disassembled a superoem turntable b4? I feel like removing the rubber base to clean it btr.
Hollie Canavan
Thanks for the answers...
Johnetta Olewine
No technical difference at all AFAIK. Stanton changed their logo design between versions.
Hollie Canavan
Originally Posted by thugsucker
No technical differences?
I found yesterday evening that also the print on the button above the Pitch Fader is different...

So no need for the 2nd version?

Olli
Nadia Shelmadine

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy